XTM Mammoth Log

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Holly Fuck, I tightened the head, glow plug, backplate, carb, and put in new fuel lines,
this engine has a shitload of compresoin now. :eek:

I got her put back together, almost time to go rip.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Ok, update I ran it and that motor is a fucking beast, so mutch power, I was flying down the street and it scared the shit out of me it was so fast.
I put the other motor on it and it ran good to, still not as good as the motor that is in it, I would have to say it ran good for a motor that the guy thaught was junk. I can't wait to go racing tommorow night it is going to be fucken awsome!! I still have some tweaking to do.
1000+ post of BS.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Cool. Glad to see it working out for you..

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you pimps entertaining the thought of going nitro.

If Shaun can do it, so can you.... :-D

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

payaso wrote:If Shaun can do it, so can you.... :-D
Wish i had shaun's pocket money to pay for it too! :-)
i'm not riding you man, but damn, you've got a lot of very expensive toys.
You'd wanna be doing some major chores to earn that shit!

I've had a first taste of nitro, and love it, but need to fix up the kyosho nitro-thrasher so i can sell it on and buy something with parts that are actually available!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I got a decent deal on this truck ($150) RTR, I just traded a guy some shocks and springs (he wanted blue I wanted silver), and I traded him my filter set-up for his K&N, plus $5.

Actualy, my plane is a funny story kinda, I got 2 planes from jim, I payed him $125, then I found out that one had a really nice saito .80 motor, so I traded the hobbyshop owner that motor for a kit (RCM trainer .40), then I saved my money and got a Magnum .46 ball bearing engine.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Mother fucking bitch, I'm starting to hate nitro, Kinda hard to see, but it took the tooth off the diff. pinion.

1000+ post of BS.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

shaun, try taking the pictures furthur away. Chances are good that the resolution is pretty large so if you crop away the shit around the edges it should be focused and big enough to see.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Ok will do next time, I'm getting ready to go to my hobby shop the owner said I could have it for free, but I'm going to go ahead and pay for it.
He, has done way to much free stuff in the past teaching me to fly, gave me a free glow starter, helped tune my engine, etc etc.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

A few more questions, first how do I keep my motor cool, I noticed that I got some head discoloration, and how do I keep from breaking another pionion?
1000+ post of BS.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

SHAUN wrote:He, has done way to much free stuff in the past teaching me to fly, gave me a free glow starter, helped tune my engine, etc etc.
This guy wouldn't happen to be all into Epochs and a huge fan of the film "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"?
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Not that I know of, he is into 1/8th buggys and Mammoths.
1000+ post of BS.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SHAUN wrote:A few more questions, first how do I keep my motor cool, I noticed that I got some head discoloration, and how do I keep from breaking another pionion?
A properly tuned engine will run cool, or cool enough all day long. If you're over heating, check for an air leak. Or check that you're not too lean on your HSN.

Next time you do the diffs, shim them til there is no play. Not till they're binding, or rubbing. Just till the play is gone.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I'm going to sound like a dumb ass noob, but what is an HSN. Also what is the proper way to tune a nitro motor.
1000+ post of BS.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

HSN = high speed needle
LSN = low speed needle
TDC = top dead center
BDC = bottom dead center
WOT = wide open throttle

You'll see these terms alot with nitro

The correct way to tune is to get the right amount of fuel to air mix. Not sure what you mean by that.

SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

When I pound the throtle should I get alot of smoke? When I'm sitting there and I hit the throtle, I get the thing like the high speed needle isn't out far enough. It might be easier if I just take a video of it.
1000+ post of BS.