oh shit.

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
trekbikedude
bitThug

oh shit.

Post by trekbikedude »

So I just got my rc10gt2 and that thing is silly fast and awesome. But when I start it and give it some gas it just stalls so i go to tighten the high speed needle to the carbeurator and the needle snaps in half. But how do I extract the old needle out of the carbeurator?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Is it a composite carb, or is it alloy?

I'd shop for a rebuild kit, and just do it like that.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
trekbikedude
bitThug

nah

Post by trekbikedude »

the carb is made out of the same material as the engine. It is an associated .15 pretty good engine so far. Is there any way that I can open up the carburetor? The high speed needle made out of brass cracked in half and half of the needle is still stuck in the carburetor. How do I get the old needle out?

Thanks for any help guys.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Re: nah

Post by stagg »

trekbikedude wrote:the carb is made out of the same material as the engine. It is an associated .15 pretty good engine so far. Is there any way that I can open up the carburetor? The high speed needle made out of brass cracked in half and half of the needle is still stuck in the carburetor. How do I get the old needle out?

Thanks for any help guys.
Try a magnet?
trekbikedude
bitThug

its not just floating around in there.

Post by trekbikedude »

Half of the needle is broken and it is still stuck in the threads of where the high speed needle goes. It is like the whole brass fitting that goes in there. It is still stuck where the threads are.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I understand what you're saying. If the HSN is broke off flush, you can try the dremel trick. You'd cut a line in it, and extract it like a flat head screw.

Your other option is to buy a new carb....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXUP67&P=0

For future reference, there's no need to crank the needles on a carb. They're very sensitive, and should never be forced.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
trekbikedude
bitThug

what about?

Post by trekbikedude »

what about an e-z out? The High speed needle's brass is so soft that it just strips out when I try to take it out. Thanks for the help guys this thing is tough to get out.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: what about?

Post by payaso »

trekbikedude wrote:what about an e-z out? The High speed needle's brass is so soft that it just strips out when I try to take it out. Thanks for the help guys this thing is tough to get out.
You can try a ez out, but I can't promise you anything. Make sure you rebuild/clean the fuck out of it afterwards.

Brass shavings making there was to the crank will not be pleasing..

How did this happen in the first place? Was this the result of a crash?

trekbikedude
bitThug

heres how it happened

Post by trekbikedude »

I saw air bubbles coming out of the carb's fuel line so I went to tighten the high speed needle down thinking it wasn't tight enough and the high speed needle just cracked in half. By the way, how do you rebuild a carburetor?
payaso
bitPimp

Re: heres how it happened

Post by payaso »

trekbikedude wrote:I saw air bubbles coming out of the carb's fuel line so I went to tighten the high speed needle down thinking it wasn't tight enough and the high speed needle just cracked in half. By the way, how do you rebuild a carburetor?
Were you turning the needle clockwise until it got tight?

trekbikedude
bitThug

yes

Post by trekbikedude »

yes but I must have turned it too much and it just snapped in half.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: yes

Post by payaso »

trekbikedude wrote:yes but I must have turned it too much and it just snapped in half.
I'd say so.. About 1000 times too hard.

That needle should never close, as that's what feeds the engine with fuel.

When making adjustments to that needle, they should be very small. Like 1/16th or 1/32th of a turn small.

Live, and learn man. Chalk it up to experience, and just get ya a new carb....