My New Toy

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

crazydave wrote:
ibjamn wrote:The one thing I hate most about wrecking a large RC that you payed a bundle for...... is when you break that stinking part that only costs a few bucks. Then another, and another. Eventually you look at all the extras and replacement parts you've invested in, and think, I coulda just bought another one. :?
I've thought that. So I do. That's when I realized I have a problem. :lol:
So when you think you bought the truck cheap......think again :-)

BTW Today I picked up a 12t vented clutch bell and ordered a new spur gear, it should be in by Friday. Today after work I started to take apart the front diff and found it was very easily accesable and its metal gears are strong and holding well! The case also seems bullet proof, great work on Losi's part!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Well, I finally had time to take the Muggy apart and get her in tip-top shape! I put 10,000 wt oil in the center diff, and 7,000 wt in the front and rear. I cleaned the fuel filter and oil filter, and I installed a lot of new stuff!

I've bought a bunch of clutch parts since I’ve owned the truck and It was finally time to put them together. The new clutch consists of:

12t Vented Clutch bell
Dynamite Long Life clutch shoes
Losi Shielded BB's
Stock Muggy Springs

I ran it for 2.5 Tanks today during the pauses between the thunderstorms we've been getting. The new clutch is amazing, Everything is working fine, engaging faster, and slipping a heck of allot less then before. The clutch bell was also a good 40 F cooler then before. The diffs were also putting way more power to the ground and getting me much better acceleration. Before it would raise the front and balloon the tires, now, it couldn’t, the front just stuck to the ground and it flew!

Time for some piccys. I didn’t break anything, I’m trying to get it in good shape for a race this weekend!!

(note: I cleaned the majority of the grass off before the picture, It was layered before!!)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000395.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000396.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000397.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000398.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments are appreciated!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Looks like someone needs a air compressor to blow off their car :lol: . Looking pretty good.
1000+ post of BS.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Cool deal man. Looks like you hade some fun. That logo looks sweet on there too. Get some pics at the track.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Thanks fo the comments guys, I had tonnes of fun! I'll try to get more pics and some vids ASAP!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You should start a lawn mowing service, pick up some extra money while your driving. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

crazydave wrote:You should start a lawn mowing service, pick up some extra money while your driving. :lol:
Not a bad idea :???:
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

if theres one thing i've learned about nitro, its, "i'd rather kill the engine with the brakes and have to spent another 10 minutes trying to get the bitch to start and hoping with every pull that i didn't foul my plug, then to break the steering rod by being a selfish bastard and hit the tire of a truck at 15- 20 mph."

stupid piece-o-shit traxxas nitro sport.

:o
frizzen is a friend of mine