My New Toy

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

My New Toy

Post by skylinekid »

ITS A MUGGY!!!:icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Im soo happy with it. all the bats are charging now and tommoroew I'll start the break in! Its alot bigger then I imagined it would be! I really like it!!!

Its my first nitro truck, o I may be a bit excited, lol!!!!:icon_twisted:

Heres the piccys:

Enjoy and please leave some comments!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
r/cdrifter7
bitPlaya'

Post by r/cdrifter7 »

anyways...

i love it man! it looks sweet! even though i never heard of muggy.its awesome.

:-? (because im jelouse(sp(triple parenthises!)))
The man who said, "Money doesn't buy happiness." never had any.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Sweet truck dude. Few guys at the track are runnin muggies. Looks like you got all the stuff you'll need too. Don't have my glasses on, so I can't see if there's an extra clutch in there. If not, pick one up. The stock clutch on the muggy tends to fail.

Get some vids of it. :-o

Not sure how you were plannin to break in the engine, but this method works wonders. I use it on all my engines, and they are tite like virgins....lol
http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/main/ ... ak-in.html

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

payaso wrote:Sweet truck dude. Few guys at the track are runnin muggies. Looks like you got all the stuff you'll need too. Don't have my glasses on, so I can't see if there's an extra clutch in there. If not, pick one up. The stock clutch on the muggy tends to fail.

Get some vids of it. :-o

Not sure how you were plannin to break in the engine, but this method works wonders. I use it on all my engines, and they are tite like virgins....lol
http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/main/ ... ak-in.html

Thats the exact method I am going to use. But I allready ran into a problem. The clutch came fucked from the factory, so It wont even roll, all it does is sit and idle, i hit the gas, nothing, just revs higher. I have some new cluthc shoes, but i will just run her back to the LHS tommorow or monday and get them to fix it for me because I dont want to make it any worse.

Other then that, I really like it. It had typical Losi mistakes, I had to tighten all the screws, allign servos, set needles, and put oil in the shocks.

I have some pics and vids as soon as I get her running!

Oh and BTW, sorry about the piccys Cabo, CS2 is being a bitch and freezing whenever I try to open it!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Damn I love seeing trucks when their still new just wait till you get it broke in youll never get it that clean again lol. I know a guy that has one and and like payso said the clutch goes out alot so you might want to keep shoes on hand. (and get the confidence to put them on) :-o
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

high heeled shoes are easy to put on. You can get it that clean again, I have been hooking and every time I clean my ass some what, then once every two weeks I douche and clean it and replace anything broken or about to break.
1000+ post of BS.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

So any progress yet??
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Its at the LHS now, getting fixed I hope. I have to go pick it up tommorow I think. I let you guys know when I get it!!!
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

They kept it over night for a clutch. :o Somthings wrong with that
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

The guy that does the repairs isnt in much, and he has 2 trucks to get to before mine, so thats why. Its been driving me insane.

I called today and he said he will have it for tommorow :o :o

Im starting to get VERY aggrivated!
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Should have taken it to the hobby shop I work for, oh wait thats a long drive, and you probabvly don't want me touching your car :-) :smile:
1000+ post of BS.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Next time, tell the LHS to fuck off. Call me, and I'll walk you through it.

If you don't learn to wrench on this thing yourself, you'll be out of the hobby fast. Trucks this size break when they hit stuff, so at this rate, it'll be at the shop 80% of the time.

You could've fixed it yourself in under 15 min. Without labor charges either.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
R_M

Post by R_M »

I eat Muggys for breakfast lol!!!!!!!!

Nice truck man.... learn the skills and save some $$$$$$

Silla, are you coming Friday night?

call me dude, check your damn pm

here is a taste of the MBX5T, with an STS .21 purely bottom end.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/190132e2-4d7a ... STSVID-001
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I would have done the wrench work myself but the LHS has offered new clutch shoes and springs, and labor free because I had just bought it. I now wish I would have just fixed the darn thing myself.

I do need to learn ho to take apart and fix this truck, but it doesnt seem too complex. I guess I just hated the idea of buying a nonworking truck. :o

I wish I still lived in Sota, then I would have just gone out with Payso and RM one night and had it fixed in 15 mins :-)
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I got her back, with a new cluth system, broken in, and all. I ran her last night and she plain flies, I put 2 tanks through and had to stop because the sun was setting. I am working all dat today, but I'll be running her again tommorow!!