My New Toy

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I BROKE IT! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I didnt even know I could break the ends off of screws :?

Oh well, some pics after this weekend destruction. I just finnished fixing her now and am going out to run after this post! I might even get some vids! :cool:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000390.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000391.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000392.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000393.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 000394.jpg

(Put up links instead of images to make Cabo happy :-o )
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Is that electrical tape all over the servos arms :lol:
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Scorpion wrote:Is that electrical tape all over the servos arms :lol:
Possibly :lol:

Its all I had when I broke it in the middle of no where :-)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

So what happen to have a wreck like that.
1000+ post of BS.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Yeah I know what you mean once I had to run my truck with zip ties holding the front arms on for two days. :lol: You gotta do what you gotta do when you dont have parts and no hobby shop anywhere near you.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I know what you mean Scorpion, I know what you mean :-)

Shaun, I wreaked the streering in 3 foot tall grass, all the sudden it would only go straight. I wreaked the wing by having the truck land on it comming off a 20 foot high mound of dirt. And the arm was ripped off by the curb (see crappy picture below).

| | -/---------
| | /|
| | ||
| | ||

First 2 lines represent sidewalk, red represents the trucks path, and the half square is the curb(in a parking lot by construction site)
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

You must have hit somthing in the grass it doesnt seem like grass could break it. :???:
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Lots of things can hide in 3 foot grass. Sorry that happen, man. Glad your gettign it fixxed.
1000+ post of BS.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I dont know exactly what took out the steering, all i know is that I was driving it in the grass and all the sudden it wouldnt trun back to me, so I hit the breaks and went to chck it out.

And Thanks for all the support guys, I fixed the truck that night, but broke it again. The clutchbell came loose and caused some damage. Im going to see what I can do with it tonight, but first I need some food in my system.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Sorry to hear about the breaks and such. Now I remember why I bought a revo..... parts are only 3 minutes away :lol:
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

ibjamn wrote:Sorry to hear about the breaks and such. Now I remember why I bought a revo..... parts are only 3 minutes away :lol:
Its the same for the Muggy, my LHS is a 5 minute walk at the most, but my wallet isnt feeling like its capable to keep feeding the truck money, so I had to get creative!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

The one thing I hate most about wrecking a large RC that you payed a bundle for...... is when you break that stinking part that only costs a few bucks. Then another, and another. Eventually you look at all the extras and replacement parts you've invested in, and think, I coulda just bought another one. :?
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Lol, lets start a list of whats broken so far...

1 Lower A-Arm
1 Steering Assembly
5 Screws
1 Spur Gear
1 Clutch Bell
3 Clutch shoes
1 Rim (I saw its broken as I was getting to the front diff, the inside has 3-4 huge cracks from the lip to the hex :o )

And people said the truck was indestructable....
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That really sucks. Hope you can get it sorted out. I'm going to get one of the new brushless stampedes coming out.
1000+ post of BS.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:The one thing I hate most about wrecking a large RC that you payed a bundle for...... is when you break that stinking part that only costs a few bucks. Then another, and another. Eventually you look at all the extras and replacement parts you've invested in, and think, I coulda just bought another one. :?
I've thought that. So I do. That's when I realized I have a problem. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"