My New Inferno GT...

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Those are some sweet wheels man. Next time, toss em in some dye for a little extra bling. the white looks good, but yellow would be sweet too. Or orange...

Some foams would make that thing hook like it's on rails, or are you wanting to slide/drift a bit?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Those are awesome. You better stop before I have to get one :shock:
1000+ post of BS.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

payaso wrote:Those are some sweet wheels man. Next time, toss em in some dye for a little extra bling. the white looks good, but yellow would be sweet too. Or orange...

Some foams would make that thing hook like it's on rails, or are you wanting to slide/drift a bit?
Eh, they came pre-glued (I HATE GLUING TIRES), and I was thinking about dying them grey, but I actually like the white once I saw it on there. Besides, it always runs sans body, and it gives a nice contrast to the blue.

Yeah, the foams probably hook a hair better when the rubber's cold. It was drizzling on and off today, so no really dry road runs, but what little heat I got into the tires made them grip awesomely. I also still want to drift a bit, and these tires are sticky as hell when room temperature.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

you prefer to run without a lid? I run with alot of guys that do that as well. I just could never get into it.

Yeah man. Glue is a pain in the asshole for sure.

Sometimes it's fun to glue your finger to your tire before a qualifier.... :-D

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

payaso wrote:you prefer to run without a lid? I run with alot of guys that do that as well. I just could never get into it.

Yeah man. Glue is a pain in the asshole for sure.

Sometimes it's fun to glue your finger to your tire before a qualifier.... :-D
Yeah, well, the car is so wide it can't roll (12.2 inches wide to be exact). It spins out or understeers way before it can roll, and everything's really well protected, so it's pointless to run a body on it.

Edit: I stand corrected. I looked it up today and it uses the same arms and dogbones as the MP7.5 Buggy, so the only difference is the shock towers and maybe the shocks, and of course the 2 speed.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Muhahahaha. Yes. that's a Ninja R01A .21, which is mainly put in 1:8 on-road race cars (most commonly Mugen MRX4s, which is what it was in). Oh, did I mention it revs to 48,000 RPM? :muhahaha: I bought it from a friend of mine who needed cash, and it only has a half gallon run through it (for these motors, it's barely broken in).

Long story short, last tank of my first gallon with the stock motor, the clutch bell bearings blew, I got pissed, and next thing I knew, I was tearing the motor out.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

how well has this car been holding up viper? i still want to get a nitro car, and this looks to def. be the one since its based off a buggy.

thats a pretty sick engine you got there, i like the heat sink on it!!
[]D [] []V[] []D
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

civicsr2cool wrote:how well has this car been holding up viper? i still want to get a nitro car, and this looks to def. be the one since its based off a buggy.

thats a pretty sick engine you got there, i like the heat sink on it!!
It's a great car, and the stock motor is still perfect, but I wanted more. Unfortuately, the tires I have on there are discontinued.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Thats awesome. Isn't that like a $450 motor, lol.
1000+ post of BS.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

SHAUN wrote:Thats awesome. Isn't that like a $450 motor, lol.
425 bucks at A main, but I got it used off of a friend for 240. He only ran a half gallon through it, and it's still so tight hat I needed to heat the block before starting it. More pics:

Now I'm stuck waiting until spring to run it.