My New Inferno GT...

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

My New Inferno GT...

Post by viperdout »

Kyosho Inferno GT. .28, 2 speed, AWD, high enough to not be bothered by crap in the roads, and most importantly, hauls ass. I just ran the first 5 tanks through it 2 days ago and another two yesterday. The tires are now just about completely bald. It's not my fault that the thing drifts so well. :-D
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That thing is drop dead sexy. Its either the wheels are a little big or the body is a little short not sure witch but it looks kinda squished. It still looks really awesome, have fun with it.
1000+ post of BS.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

I think it's the wing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

It's the scale. That's a big boy. Almost looks like they used their buggy chassis.... :???:
It's sweet for sure man. Get some video of that bad boy.

Makes that .28 look like a .12... :lol:

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

payaso wrote:Almost looks like they used their buggy chassis.... :???:
That could be because they did use their buggy chassis. :grin: I could drop a single speed/center diff in this without a problem.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah that's what I was gonna say. The proportions are a little off because they converted their buggy. Looks to me like it might be a tad short, but that may be an optical illusion because its extra wide. I used to have a Kyosho Imprezza rally car based off their baseline electric buggy, same deal.

Anyways, I bet that thing screams, and cars like that are cool, because I bet it wouldn't be too hard to convert it to an offroad buggy if you felt the need. Its like 2 2 two cars in one. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

crazydave wrote:Yeah that's what I was gonna say. The proportions are a little off because they converted their buggy. Looks to me like it might be a tad short, but that may be an optical illusion because its extra wide. I used to have a Kyosho Imprezza rally car based off their baseline electric buggy, same deal.

Anyways, I bet that thing screams, and cars like that are cool, because I bet it wouldn't be too hard to convert it to an offroad buggy if you felt the need. Its like 2 2 two cars in one. :lol:
It'd need arms/dogbones, shock towers, wing, and wheels to convert it. It's just a fantastic car, and I'd recommend it to anyone.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

sweet ass ride!! i was looking at them a while back.

dont they make a rally version of this? how well hidden are the gears?
[]D [] []V[] []D
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

civicsr2cool wrote:sweet ass ride!! i was looking at them a while back.

dont they make a rally version of this? how well hidden are the gears?
Well, they make one with an STi body, but it has the same tires. Basically, swap the tires and maybe rise the ride height (it has about 7/8ths of an inch clearance stock, and can be raised probably another inch), and you're ready to rally.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

thats awesome. so what about the chassis tub, does it expose the flywheel for bumpstart or anything crazy?
[]D [] []V[] []D
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

civicsr2cool wrote:thats awesome. so what about the chassis tub, does it expose the flywheel for bumpstart or anything crazy?
It's the buggy chassis so it can be bumpstarted no problem.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

hmm i was mainly wondering just to know if rocks scraping the chassis would hit shit. but i guess a lil lexan could fix it.

edit: damn!
just google image searched these for the chassis pics.. i dont see where anything could break. you know of any weak points? looks built solid top to bottom. but im confused on difference between buggy and gt. only difference i an see is the shock towers and shocks?
[]D [] []V[] []D
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Need some music to go with that awesome car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HopdfI1a-VM

:D
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

civicsr2cool wrote:hmm i was mainly wondering just to know if rocks scraping the chassis would hit shit. but i guess a lil lexan could fix it.

edit: damn!
just google image searched these for the chassis pics.. i dont see where anything could break. you know of any weak points? looks built solid top to bottom. but im confused on difference between buggy and gt. only difference i an see is the shock towers and shocks?
Yeah, there are some scratches on the chassis, mostly from holding it down to start it and moving the car, and a couple from when I hit this big rock. If you're driving it off-road, something might get in the gears, but I highly doubt it. There are basically no weak points, except for the tires wearing abnormally fast, and if you jump it or smash into a curb, the front bumper mount or front bodypost mount might break, but I've only seen 2 cars come in for that (out of the at least 30 sold out of our store). It's basically perfect as-is. I also believe the arms/dogbones are changed from the buggy, and of course the center diff was ditched in favor of a 2 speed. I've driven the buggy, and it is also a ball.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

I hate to double post, but...

New tires:

GRPs FTW.