NItro cars kick ass!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

NItro cars kick ass!

Post by crazydave »

I had a bit of a rough start with nitro. The MG16 RY that the magazine sent me had got sand in the motor from the photo shoot, and it just would not start. I was going crazy for over a month trying get that thing running. I thought I was being a total nitro newb, and was very disappointed in myself. Then they crashed the MG16 TC during the photo shoot, and sent me what was left so I could pull the motor from it. This motor is a totally different story. Two tugs and its running. Now I think nitro cars are like the coolest thing since green jello. I honestly can't remember the last time driving an RC had me so excited. There's just something about the noise, the smell, and the whole experience that gets me all giddy.

For its price the MG16 is a good starting car to get introduced to nitro, but I'm already looking bigger. Now I'm trying to decide how to spend that money Bush is sending us this summer. I'm thinking I want a 1/10 stadium truck to take to the local dirt oval track, but I'm leaning heavily towards a Savage 4.6.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I love my RC10GT oval racer. In this picture its not completely finished.

The yellow came out way to dark. But I think I did a half way decent job for my first big body.

Yes, I like blue.

Oh ya, I'm not trying to steal your thread, lol.
1000+ post of BS.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: NItro cars kick ass!

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:I had a bit of a rough start with nitro. The MG16 RY that the magazine sent me had got sand in the motor from the photo shoot, and it just would not start. I was going crazy for over a month trying get that thing running. I thought I was being a total nitro newb, and was very disappointed in myself. Then they crashed the MG16 TC during the photo shoot, and sent me what was left so I could pull the motor from it. This motor is a totally different story. Two tugs and its running. Now I think nitro cars are like the coolest thing since green jello. I honestly can't remember the last time driving an RC had me so excited. There's just something about the noise, the smell, and the whole experience that gets me all giddy.

For its price the MG16 is a good starting car to get introduced to nitro, but I'm already looking bigger. Now I'm trying to decide how to spend that money Bush is sending us this summer. I'm thinking I want a 1/10 stadium truck to take to the local dirt oval track, but I'm leaning heavily towards a Savage 4.6.

Yeah man. Nitro is the coolest thing. It's just got that "real" thing goin on...lol

Are you doing reviews for mags now? That's sweet man.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: NItro cars kick ass!

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote: Are you doing reviews for mags now? That's sweet man.

silla :D
Yeah man, I guess you missed that post.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=9739

You should drop by more often, we miss ya around here. :lol:

Nice oval car, Shaun. That's pretty much what I was talking about. I hear the new Thunder Tiger Phoenix is basically a RC10GT re-release, and I can pick one up for about $220. Seems like a no brainer, but I think I'd spend more time bashing around the apartments. I could keep myself entertained for hours with a Savage and a skateboard ramp. :???:

I got a while to think it over. I need to get down to the track, and see what the action is like there. I haven't been there in many years.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"