Xmod H2 evo Ynad Style (updated video link)

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

follow up

Maxximum Attack, here ya' go.
detail of the chssis
breakyaface
bitHood

Post by breakyaface »

I wish they had evo's here so that I could buy one if I had the money. I just love how the H2 looks. It really seems to be rea and I am diggin the rooftack. But I agree about painting the chassis chrome or black. They just dont seem to be in line with the body. But nevertheless great work and succes with the roof. :-o
I'd rather fly than die
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

ynad wrote:follow up

Maxximum Attack, here ya' go.
:hurl:
I'm assuming that the body is just resting on the chassis. But I was hoping it'd fit and be alot lower, low enough to hide the bottom of the chassis. Then it would look correct. So, not even with modds like cutting the driveshaft and cutting the rear clip to make them shorter would work?
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

No, i don't think it would work. configuration of the rear pivot part would not allow the easy chop. But if you are going for the rally look try 1/24 scale models, they look very good.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Are those stock wheels and tires or did you get those elsewhere? I like how clean the chassis looks I will have to post my Overland as a comparison just got finished painting the body for it and I think those wheels and tires would look good on it! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

the rims are stock H2 and the tires are from the lift kt. the original rims of the lift kit are pretty cool, riveted deep dish.
you might be able to use tires on OL rims
SWG, did you notice your post count :twisted: :twisted:
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

some updated pics. ever since the striped rear dog bone (will post pic if needed) I went for a different look.
Image\

Reversed upgrade black truck rims.

These two pics are showing the difference in amount of forced flash used.
more for the pic above and less for the one bellow
this set up makes truck a lot more stable at speed runs.

EDIT: > ... and doin' this
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... 220&pos=62
got dog bones chewed up

BTW, lego tires work nice with them rims above.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

:???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Aww yeah, I remember this thread... RS should pay you commission, Ynad, because I think your the one that sold me on the Evo trucks, and I haven't been disappointed.

So ya stripped your dogbones huh? I was wondering how long before you'd have problems with that hot motor. I distorted the outdrive on my diff within 30 seconds of putting a stage 2 motor in it. I'm thinking this was due to the 2wd, and having tons of bite the carpet. It also seems it had something to do with the pins on the dogbones being too short, so it spun inside the outdrive. This guy at TinyRC put metal pins in his dog bones, and I was gonna look into that so I wouldn't have a problem again.
http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php ... adid=21806
(look about 2/3 of the way down the page) That should fix your stripped dogbone too.

Had any other probs with that motor? Stock FETs holding up? You running the stock gear still? I'm running the Stage 2 with a 10-tooth pinion, and the 25-tooth idler, and its getting pretty hot.

I checked out that vid, and it coming out all tiny, like an inch and a half wide, is that right?

Getting way off track, haven't heard Accept in a while. That was cool. Ever heard their album Restless and Wild? That was like the ballsy shit that led me into my speed metal years. Loved that album. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

:lol: commision from RS :lol:
Thanks for the link, i was just thinking about placing some metal sticks.
i'd say C cups are next. so as part of my idea for the fix metal stix wraped in heat srink to soften the impact. I'm gonna go for stage 2 instead of SO 3.
FETS are fine (plastic cover melted a bit) and gears are stock.
as for the vid, i tried to fit it into our gallery :-? will post link to a better version.
ACCEPT RULES! my teenage years i spend as metalhead.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Now That's PIMP ! Whup Dat Trick, Whup Dat Trick ! :cool:
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: DT, you're da' man :cool:
i like the way you put it. short and simple :cool:

EDIT: updated link to the video. 640X480 10Mb
http://maxf.net/~ynad/zx/RCvids/WM9_H2_2.wmv