CEN MG16ry w/ video

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

CEN MG16ry w/ video

Post by crazydave »

The guys at RCDriver sent me this car to review a while back. I wouldn't have thought to buy it for myself, but since I have it, it is a lot of fun, and I've been beating the crap out of it. So I asked them to let me do a Replay article on it. Which now appears the October issue that should be on newsstands soon. Meanwhile I made a little video for you guys. I have trouble hitting the ramp when the camera is on, and my wife gets impatient, so it is what is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUILGLXkMfg[/youtube]
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Cool. looks like a fun little bugger.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: CEN MG16ry w/ video

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:I have trouble hitting the ramp when the camera is on,

You sure it's not cause you're smoking and drivng at the same time??? :lol:

i do the same shit and catch hell at the track for it... :? Nitro is NOT going to ignight from my smoke when I refuel either...lol

I like that litte guy. It's got some good torque.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: CEN MG16ry w/ video

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:Cool. looks like a fun little bugger.
It is fun, and that was my hang up when I wrote the review. It's not a race oriented platform. Doesn't have a whole lot of bolt on hop up potential, it's just fun, and it exceeds at that, so I didn't see the need to give it a bad review. That's why I broke out the thesaurus, and found synonyms for "fun". Let's see, it's amusing, entertaining, oh yeah , and exciting... :lol:
payaso wrote:
crazydave wrote:I have trouble hitting the ramp when the camera is on,

You sure it's not cause you're smoking and drivng at the same time??? :lol:

i do the same shit and catch hell at the track for it... :? Nitro is NOT going to ignight from my smoke when I refuel either...lol

I like that litte guy. It's got some good torque.

silla :D
:lol:

Yeah, you got me there, I do drive better when I put the cigarette out.

Funny you mention smoking at the track. My very first time out to the track, there was this ol' timer out there huffing and puffing, weezing around, dragging an oxygen tank behind him, and chain smoking cigars. I pointed out maybe he shouldn't be smoking around the fuel, because I honestly was concerned for his health, and didn't want him to keel over in front of me. That's when I got the demonstration, and the lecture on how, "Nitro doesn't ignite, it combust, and in order to get combustion, you need compression." Learned something that day, but now my Firefox spell checker is telling me "combust" isn't even a word. :lol:

Quick nitro question. I think my fuel line is getting pressurized. When it gets hot the fuel will not go in the carb, but I can here it pushing air through. Is that because my fuel line is too short and resting against the head and muffler? Would a longer line re-routed solve that problem?
crazydave's Gallery
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Maybe a leak around the "nipples" that the fuel line connects to...?

Try taking extra line, and cut it into 2-3 mm sections, kinda like an O-ring. then slide it over the fuel line taken loose at the connection points, about 1/2 an inch back. You stick the line back over the "nipple" and slide the tiny cut section over the cotact point, and let it rest at the concave part of the nipple. It acts similar to a hose clamp on 1:1s. If it is leaking air into the lines at those spots, that'll take care of it.

Although, I'm no expert at nitro. I can't even keep my revo in working order for very long. :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:Maybe a leak around the "nipples" that the fuel line connects to...?

Try taking extra line, and cut it into 2-3 mm sections, kinda like an O-ring. then slide it over the fuel line taken loose at the connection points, about 1/2 an inch back. You stick the line back over the "nipple" and slide the tiny cut section over the cotact point, and let it rest at the concave part of the nipple. It acts similar to a hose clamp on 1:1s. If it is leaking air into the lines at those spots, that'll take care of it.

Although, I'm no expert at nitro. I can't even keep my revo in working order for very long. :lol:
This isn't like a leak, it actually pushes the fuel back, like there's pressure against it. It does seem to be caused by heat, as it only happened when it was 117 outside, and goes away when it cools. I thought maybe it was from the fuel entering the motor getting too hot, but maybe I'm just overheating the motor, I don't know, I don't have a temp gun yet. :oops:
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If they gave it to you to keep I'd get the temp gun asap, if not you could do a what not to do with a nitro powered vechile story. :smile:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:If they gave it to you to keep I'd get the temp gun asap, if not you could do a what not to do with a nitro powered vechile story. :smile:
It's mine! :-D

I do need a temp gun, but I keep it running rich, so I should be safe. :???:
crazydave's Gallery