I think I finally got it nailed

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Re: I think I finally got it nailed

Post by Murdoch »

yeah, I had a tough time with the highlights, trying to get the pressure on the blade just right because the Bob divley's LMF was new to me at the time. I also think I might have had it on just a hair too thin aswell.

I wanted to concentrate on straight lines and preventing bleeds for this body, but flames are on the next one. the last time I did flames, the mask worked out but the LMF I used for that one absolutely sucked ass, leading to a shit result.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: I think I finally got it nailed

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:I wanted to concentrate on straight lines and preventing bleeds for this body, but flames are on the next one. the last time I did flames, the mask worked out but the LMF I used for that one absolutely sucked ass, leading to a shit result.
I was just kidding because my paint jobs always seem to be blue with flames, but I'll tell you, if you really want to do some flames, I wouldn't use the liquid mask for that. My preferred method is to stick masking tape on the outside of the body, rough out one side of the flames, then peel the tape off, and trace the design on vellum (good quality tracing paper). Then when you transfer it to my sheet of Parma masking film, you only need to flip the tracing paper over to get perfectly symmetrical flames. If you wanted to do more, you could still spray the liquid mask over the flames, and use that technique for the rest of the body.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"