Mad Beast caught on video

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Mad Beast caught on video

Post by crazydave »

Hey guys, sorry my last try at this didn't work out, but here's the vid of the Mad Beast that I promised you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymnf1BNpWQA[/youtube]
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Re: Mad Beast caught on video

Post by VooDooMafia »

Looks like its alot of fun
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

great little bashing area you got there.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I think the part I can best relate to is when you run into the wall, back up, and then run back into it again...I get that. :sad: It looks pretty cool, and now I know that eventually I need one. :smile: Thanks for doing the video. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:great little bashing area you got there.
I'll tell you what, I just discovered this spot. My official test spot has been in the same field, but on the other side, and I would look over at this spot, but would be too lazy to walk an extra quarter mile to get to it. It is much better over here, because the other end has lots of big chunks of concrete and blacktop that the construction workers have thrown over there, and they tear up my cars. Much better over here. I just wish I had the balls to hit that big hill, but maybe when I've had more experience in this area.

I think the part I can best relate to is when you run into the wall, back up, and then run back into it again...I get that. :sad: It looks pretty cool, and now I know that eventually I need one. :smile: Thanks for doing the video. :-o
Yeah, that was irritating, then you hear my wife laughing at me, but I wanted that part in there to show off the reverse, since you asked about it. It worked well for the vid , I think, because the song was breaking down at that point.
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I'm jealous. Looks like the only thing missing is me with my truck.

As soon as we finish moving, I'm gonna get me some new engines and fire the beasts up.

That is a cool spot, too.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sorry man, don't mean to make anybody jealous. Hopefully you'll be back up soon.

So how many gallons did you run through before you wore your engines out? You can't get the sleeve re-pinched? Are you going to do the Traxxas replacement program, or are you gonna upgrade to something?
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

crazydave wrote:Sorry man, don't mean to make anybody jealous. Hopefully you'll be back up soon.

So how many gallons did you run through before you wore your engines out? You can't get the sleeve re-pinched? Are you going to do the Traxxas replacement program, or are you gonna upgrade to something?
Are the motors bad in these?

BTW that moment you where hitting the wall made me feel like I had the TX in my hands :grin:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

VooDooMafia wrote:
crazydave wrote:Sorry man, don't mean to make anybody jealous. Hopefully you'll be back up soon.

Are the motors bad in these?

BTW that moment you where hitting the wall made me feel like I had the TX in my hands :grin:
Nah, glow engines wear out eventually, and I guess Payaso wore his out. I haven't had the opportunity to get that far, that's why I'm bombarding him with questions.
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

hehe I get it

looks like I need to pack another bag next time I am on a work trip to Phoenix

One looks fun but 2 or 3 would be better (as long as you don't mind being bumped :shock: )
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

It's ok. I need to be jealous. I got so much tied up in these things, I can't just let em sit.

The stock engine in my Maxx lasted about 3 gallons, but it never really died, but just lost it's edge. It'll start, but it's a pain. It's had a screamin FR.18 in it for a while and it's got a few gallons on it, but the carb boot is fucked and the engine won't run properly without it. It's a great engine and has a ton of compression left in it, but it's a dis continued engine and no parts for it. It's been babied it's whole life, but the stupid fuckin carb is just stupid. I miss it terribly. Always set it to BDC, always used ARO, always warmed before running, and never over heated. If I could get parts for it, I'd be set, as it's got at least 5 more gallons to go.

The TRX engines are ok, but for the money, I'd get something with some more grunt. I've never used their ERP, but I hear good things about it. I was thinkin about pickin up a 3.3, but I don't hear good things about the conrod in them.

The engine in my Revo is almost new, but I hate to start robbing one truck for another. And it's a little 2.5R engine. It's got some muscle and would push my 7lb maxx pretty good, but I race the maxx and need a bit more power. Maybe a Picco .26 red dot.

I'll get em there.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Can you order a carb separate? I'd think that couldn't be too expensive.

I was curious about the ERP because I want to upgrade the Pro .15 in the Nitro Sport to a 2.5R with a pull start. It's geared for speed, and a tad sluggish for my taste. It's only $75 to trade, but I figure I might as well wear this motor out.
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I've searched high and low for a carb, or P/S, or a conrod, or the whole engine, but I can't find shit for it. It's been disco for more than 2 years, so I haven't lost all hope, but I don't really expect to find any either. :sad:

Motor is still sitting here, so if I can faind parts, I'll jump on em. Or if I knew of another carb that would fit the bore, I'd get that.

The 2.5R is a huge step up over the pro .15. You will have to change up the linkage, as the pro .15 is a rotory and the 2.5R is a slide carb, but other than that, it's a direct drop in and will push that rusty just fine.

The ERP they offer is a good deal, but my trucks need a bit more umph, cause I have to run in the 1/8 ST (truggy) class.

They give you the OWB, pull start/ and i think a header.

PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Great Vid, Dave!

I guess I know why they call those the Mad Beast - pretty cool! :-o

Ditto on the cool "test area"...

PF
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Are you talking about the boot between the carb and the air filter? or the one over the slide (that was a slide carb right)? If it's torn but you have most of it you could glue it and then make a silicon mold from the tacked together piece, then you could use some pourable latex to make a new one.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand