1/8 Buggy Action From This Weekend

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

1/8 Buggy Action From This Weekend

Post by crazydave »

Lots of RC fun this weekend. Hit the 72nd track on Saturday, and the Jackrabbit on Sunday. Before we got started I shot a couple vids.

Here's Adam showing off with his RC8B Team kit. He just got this together, and then I painted the body for him, and he didn't want to drive it and mess up the paint job for a month, but yesterday was its coming out, and he was tearing it up with it. I think this is the best video I have made!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAc_JH9V7iQ[/youtube]

Had him drive my Matrix R2 so I could get some good vid of my car too. I should have tuned it first, since it is now painfully obviously that it wasn't winding out because it was waaay too lean. It temped at 340 degrees after the run, but that's straightened out now.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SZpi60-LQk[/youtube]
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Re: 1/8 Buggy Action From This Weekend

Post by Sqwalerrr »

Wow, sounds fun.
I wish i had a track here.
The LHS owner said hes building one when all the snow melts...

oh and I havent yet gotten a nitro... should i get a buggy?
hello world! Prepare for the gayness
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sqwalerrr wrote:Wow, sounds fun.
I wish i had a track here.
The LHS owner said hes building one when all the snow melts...

oh and I havent yet gotten a nitro... should i get a buggy?
I'll tell you what, we have some major tracks here, and lots of pro drivers, but I don't really feel comfortable at those tracks. All you really need is a group of friends and a piece of land. This is on the side of Rob's house. We started out racing in circles on a flat piece of land, but we evolved, and now we have a coarse laid out, jumps, a driver's stand, and even lights. If you didn't know better you might think this is actually a "Track". lol

As far as nitros go, 1/8th buggies are the top of the line. They are full on sophisticated race machines, but the they are large enough, and durable enough to be great bashers too. We've had this discussion many times, and the guys all seem to agree if they could only have one RC it would be their 1/8 buggy, and while I agree with them to an extent, I more used to 2WD stadium trucks, and I turn some of my best laps with my Nitro Sport. So it is a matter of preference, but my opinion seems to be in the minority.
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Good question squawler, hey Dave, have you had any experience with these?

http://www.nitrorcx.com/1sc21ennifup.html

They look like a deal for someone just getting into 1/8 scale nitro...$184 RTR. I'm thinking it might be the best way to get into nitro, especially for mostly bashing. How bad could they be? :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You know sidewinder, I hate to get into this, you remember when we were discussing the Mad Beast. I don't want to publicly recommend an Exceed car on the internet, because that opens me wide open to being flamed.

But I will tell you this, I dropped the .28 out of the Mad Beast into the Tectonic. Put a set of Proline Crime Fighter buggy tires on it, and tweaked the suspension, and it works for me. Here's vid I took right after I dropped the .28 in it. Neither the engine or the car had been run in months, so it needed a little tweaking in this video. I should take another at the track. It will easily clear the triple.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQ785kU3lg[/youtube]
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh that's right, they did beat you up over that. Well, they can pound me :lol: My Godson, David, left for the Naval Academy last May, before he went we had a party in his honor. Every time he would come over to the house when he was younger he wanted to play with two things, my race car (he was so cute sitting in it making engine noises and making his mother mad at me for exposing him to dangerous things :mrgreen: ) and my RC stuff. I felt it only fitting to give him a going away present, nitrorcx.com had their 1/10 scale buggies on sale for just over $100 RTR. I got him one and of course the starter kit. I can't vouch for how fast it is or how it handles...I never saw it run. But according to David the thing is indestructible; apparently he and a couple of his friends have ramped it off of some 8ft high concrete ledge more than once with no "appreciable" damage. I'm not sure what his definition of appreciable is but this is the same kid who broke the frame on the family truck by jumping railroad tracks so I'm guessing the buggy has been abused. :lol:

I still need to break down and get a nitro to play with, but I'm now thinking about killing two long term urges (gas and big scale) by saving to buy one of the Exceed 1/5th scale gasoline powered stadium trucks. http://www.nitrorcx.com/newrtrexrcwi.html
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand