Recent Paint Jobs

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: Recent Paint Jobs

Post by MotorGong »

I've been around to pretty much all the Hobby Shops in my area recently, and I see a guy or two in almost every establishment advertising paint jobs.
3 of them had example bodies/finished product, and holy hell they look nothing like yours CD.

I know pictures can look different as compared to RL, but yours seem to be a definite 'higher notch'
than the ones I've seen up close.
Maybe it's your style, i dunno. I like simple colors and something that's not very 'busy', and damn
you hit that with most of the bodies here in the thread.

edit: if you ever get that one killer paint job down, and it happens to be a body you own or something, think of possibly using it as an advertisement.
Although, sounds like you don't need any advertising atm, lol.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well thank you Motor Gong. I really appreciate the compliment. I'll tell ya, I tried to go bigger, bolder, brighter, to appeal to the racers in my area, but now that I've been actually dealing with the public more, I've found that most people do actually want something more subtle. So I've been just sticking to my guns, which seems to be paying off. The guy with the crawler body loved it, he's gonna pay me extra. I guess I was just nervous because I ignored him and did what I wanted anyways, but I should have more faith in myself.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

This lady bought this as a birthday present for her husband. She wanted me to work all these elements in, and I was like, yeah, sure, I can do that. I didn't realize it is 1/18 scale. This really sucked, but I think it came out pretty clean.

crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I can't see the image, but I'm sure it looks good...your stuff always does. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well damn, my server is crashed. Gonna have to get that fixed!

Wish you could see it though. People come at me with all these crazy ideas, and I have to figure out how to arrange them into something practical. It's a whole different challenge than just painting, and it makes me nervous, but I guess I'm doing good at it. This lady loved the body and gushed over it. I kind of feel like Paul Sr., one time he said, "We listen to the customer, and then throw that out and he takes what he gets and loves it." I need to get me a size 13 to shove up someones ass...
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

crazydave wrote:Well damn, my server is crashed. Gonna have to get that fixed!

Wish you could see it though. People come at me with all these crazy ideas, and I have to figure out how to arrange them into something practical...
Oh that reminds me, I need a truck body that's got a painted picture of Yvonne Strahovski on the hood, but it has to look like she's moving (dancing) and then the side fading into flames but I'd like pictures from the show Chuck inside of the flames. The back of the truck should look like it has bullet holes...oh and I need it by Wednesday. :lol: :razz:

Oh yeah, almost forgot, it should be 1/36 scale... :mrgreen:

edit: You know, reading that it makes me think it would be pretty cool. Well, maybe not 1/36th scale, and maybe she wouldn't actually move :???: But the rest would be cool :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Sidewinder, You left out that it needs to have her either dance or strip holographically as you move the body. 1/36? I thought you wanted it 1/43 for an Epoch racer.
Changed your mind about Chuck Norris behind the wheel fighting a Ninja and a Pirate seen through the cab windows? :|
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I wouldn't go with Chuck Noris when you could just as easily have a vintage PeeWee Herman in the cab. And now that you mention it, maybe 1/64 scale would be better, that way I could do a ZZMT build.