Recent Paint Jobs

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Recent Paint Jobs

Post by crazydave »

Life is ironic. I want to paint, the magazine sends me cars. Now that I want to play, the LHS is hooking me up with tons of paint jobs. I'm currently backed up six jobs, this morning it was seven. I'm starting to feel like I've actually succeeded at starting my own little business.

I've got this flyer taped under the counter at the shop:
http://crazydavegraphics.com/images/CDGflyer01.jpg

Here's some of my recent work.

Yeah, I've been a little busy. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: Recent Paint Jobs

Post by betty.k »

as always, awesome work!
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Nice work Dave, I really like that rally style (Audi?) car. It's way cool. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

So uhhh how much you gonna charge me to get a F150 or F250 for my new Maxx done up two tone, Well really it would be three blue on top silver on bottom but on the top with the blue I want a bunch of skulls lightly airbrushed in black then the Blue on top of it.. Get what im saying??

I know you said you got jobs backed up but it might be awhile before im ready to do it anyway.. I want to get some RPM A arms and better bulkheads first then ill be looking to get a body after I rip the stock one to peices :twisted: ..

If possible I would like to paypal you the money for the paint job and the body ahead of time then you can buy the body at your hobby shop that way ill only have to pay to have it shipped to me instead of buying it locally then shipping it to you.. Or if its going to be somthing hard to find I guess I could order it online and have it shipped to you.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Nice work Dave, I really like that rally style (Audi?) car. It's way cool. :-o
I'm sorry you lost me, no rally cars there. Maybe you're talking about the red and black one with the wing? That is a MCD 1/5 scale race truck.

@Scorpion, if you just wanted the basic 2 tone job that would only be $35, but the skulls require more time and patience, so I would have to ask $55 for that. We're looking at about a 2 week wait right now, but if you wait it could be longer. ;)

I can see what the LHS has in stock.
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Probably, I thought it was one of the wild cars like they run at Pikes Peak.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I really like the drop-shadow on the beetle.

i thought it was a Slash body. (nice Escudo sidewinder)
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Incredible work, Dave! :-o :-o :-o
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Sounds good.. but im not sure if youll even want to do it or can, I havent been able to find any stencils that would work and I dont expect you to do it all by hand..

This is kinda like what im looking for on the top with the blue

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's the effect I assumed you were looking for. I have skull templates.

That Baja bug is a Slash body, and the dude was sort of a dick. I wanted to keep it for my Blitz!
crazydave's Gallery
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Really thats awesome.. Ill be hitting you up for sure when it comes time for the new body.. What ill do is when the time comes ill just paypal you $100 that should cover the body the paint and the shipping back to me
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Holy hell!!! I got the guys over at Duncan's RC sending me jobs now too. I was backed up 10 jobs, now it's like 8 or 9, I honestly don't know any more.

This guy knew there would be a bit of a wait. He just wanted the ol' mismatched body panel routine, but that meant I had to run out and pick up a can of primer. When I got word that he was getting ancy, I got a little pissed, and said, "Screw him, he knew he was in for a wait!" So long story short, I felt like trying Scorpion's idea, and I kind of hate that mismatched body panel thing, so I decided if he wants it now he gets whatever I feel like painting.

I haven't got a hold of him yet, but do you really think he'll be upset with this? I think it's awesome!
crazydave's Gallery
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

if he complains, send him to me. i'll get him drunk then smack him in the chops!!

nice job, i'd be happy with that. :-o
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Why would you get him drunk? Then when you pop him, he's gonna think you guys are just bonding. Next thing you know you guys will be hugging and saying, I love you man!
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hell, if he doesn't like it sell it to me...I'll find something to do with it. :-o