Xmod: check out my barbed wire graphic

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Thanks, Ive been doing solids, now it's time to move on to designs!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I went with a tribal thing for the hood. It gave me some problems along the way, but it worked out pretty good in the end.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well dave all you need to do now is get a model airplaine and put the wing over the trunk and you will have the fastest xmod known to man :-D

that is nice tho
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dude, that hood is sweet!
I like it better than the sides, but the sides add to it as well.
damn good job.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
grnmachnracr
bitPlaya'

Post by grnmachnracr »

awesome dave! :eek: i love it maybe ill have u do my supra with some cool graphics...... i dunno tho its getting its share of bruses :sad: but it shows potential, dude u should become famous and do this for a living!!! this rox!!! :cool:
1 t-maxx, 1 i-waver S2k, 1 350z Xmod, 1 Supra epoch , 4 zz's, around 30 clones, and stuff...
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:well dave all you need to do now is get a model airplaine and put the wing over the trunk and you will have the fastest xmod known to man :-D

that is nice tho
Hey you know what? If you're saying it looks too much like one of them street tuner types, then that's perfect, 'cause that's what I was going for. I saw that Street Tuner magazine is having a monthly graphic contest. So I wanted to do something that would appeal to them, and suit my taste also. I've made some beer money drawing plates for tattoo artist when I was younger, so I dig the theme, even though I don't have a tattoo on my body.

Thanks for the comps guys. That was definately the most intricate masking I've done yet. I was hoping people would appreciate the time I put into it.
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

crazydave wrote:
hogjowlz wrote:well dave all you need to do now is get a model airplaine and put the wing over the trunk and you will have the fastest xmod known to man :-D

that is nice tho
even though I don't have a tattoo on my body.

Thanks for the comps guys. That was definately the most intricate masking I've done yet. I was hoping people would appreciate the time I put into it.
Stop on by CD we will fix that I will make sure you go home all inked out :)

I realy hate to look at any flossin or custom job posts with the word xmods in the title for fear I might end up broke and buy a ton of the shit.

But man those graphics look hot and I think that is something that the tuner mag will love :)

Now that you mentioned beer time to grab another :-)
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

:grin: WOW, and you say I've got the eye :grin:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Really nice, Dave. The masking on the hood is incredible. I don't mean to be rude in asking this, but is the design original? If so, that's amazing in it's own right. I kinda assume so since you mentioned the tattoo shop gig.

How is it working on a car where the hood isn't as big as your thumbnail? I haven't taken to painting my Xmod yet as I just keep pounding the crap out of it on the track, it will need new paint soon enough.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:Really nice, Dave. The masking on the hood is incredible. I don't mean to be rude in asking this, but is the design original? If so, that's amazing in it's own right. I kinda assume so since you mentioned the tattoo shop gig.
Well that depends on how you define original. I saw this design on a 1/10th scale paint mask, but it wasn't the right shape. So I redrew it, with a shorter, wider shape, taking out parts, and adding little parts. I don't know if you'd consider that my original work, but it was hand drawn.

If it makes any difference, I think I paid more attention to how things should line up, and got it more symetrical than the original design.

...and don't worry, it wasn't rude to ask, you don't just pull designs like that out your ass. I wish I could say I did.
How is it working on a car where the hood isn't as big as your thumbnail? I haven't taken to painting my Xmod yet as I just keep pounding the crap out of it on the track, it will need new paint soon enough.
On one hand it's great, more room to work, lets me get away with a lot more intricate stuff. On the down side, that intricate stuff takes a lot longer to do.

****EDIT:
Here's the graphic I worked off of. If you compare, you can see how I reworked it to suit my needs.
crazydave's Gallery