ouch! a bug bit me! (overhauled 22 may)

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
betty.k
bitPimp

ouch! a bug bit me! (overhauled 22 may)

Post by betty.k »

bloody hard too! :lol:

it's a hpi rs4 mt and it's a quality product. comes with oil shocks, inner body, gear cover, slipper clutch and bigass proline tyres. totally eats up any terrain and handles jumping well :smile:

metallic purple was the most appealing colour, i figured it might add a little retro charm along with the moon sticker. i probably could have done some cool masking but i just wanted it done so i could use it right away and stop banging up the shock towers! :shock:

awesome fun, glad i didn't sell it!

the big brother program
Last edited by betty.k on Sun May 21, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Fuckin A man... That what I'm talking bout.. Killer job man... Looks like a blast.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

At first, I clicked and thought...Holy Shit Betty Went Nitro!!!

Now thats the rig to make the vid I've been waiting for from you!!! You tearin' up some serious ground and floatin' through the air off of ramps!!

Simon (SG) says.....Go tear shit up!!!
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

:sad: im proud of you lol.i love it. i bet that thing could tear up a race track let alone your back yard.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

this thing sure is fun! i've put it through some very rigorous testing and the results are excellent! :eek: it just floats over the toughest terrain like a dream and jumps is fun with this bitch :smile:
nothing broken so far but the rear drive belt is looking a bit shabby after a rock attack. still, if it breaks i got a cool fwd to tryout while i wait for replacements :cool:
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Ok that's it, I am now truly jealous. I'm heading over there right now, but it's gonna take me a while cause I'll walking. :-?

:lol:

BTW, dig the Moon eyes. 8-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i'm kicking myself for not thinking of this myself; a friend saw it today and said "look, it's a moon buggy!" :lol:
i used to be cool
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Damn doggie....I think I keep getting closer and closer to getting a larger scale RC....it looks like way too much fun.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

bigger scales are heaps of fun but i wouldn't be having all this success if i didn't work my way through the scales first. when i spot a problem or an area that needs improvement i can confidently dive in with the tools now. otherwise i would have used my wallet to fix things instead of my brain.

the steering is already earmarked for modification. i did it with my rally (exact same steering parts) and the results were brilliant. i just replaced some bushings with bearings and replaced that bent wire steering link thingy with a custom turnbuckle i made from the alpha's shocks.

like the micros i'm faced with a "play area" problem. with the bits we need to find a specific surface to run on. then the xmods came and the yard was perfect. then i got my first 1:10 and the yard was too small, out front on the road was the only place. now with this bitch out front on the road is too tame and boring! :smile:

too much fun, but don't fret. i'll never forget my roots (he types while staring at the shen qi wei that set it all off! :lol: )
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:bigger scales are heaps of fun but i wouldn't be having all this success if i didn't work my way through the scales first.
That's funny, I always thought I wouldn't have all the success with bits if it wasn't for me playing with the hobby grade stuff first.

I think the real lesson here is, experience, it's good for the brain.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i spent some time and money on this baby recently. there were a lot of parts that had worn out or needed attention.

all the ball ends and ball cups were replaced with new ones, tightened everything up nicely. after discovering that there are ball end dust covers i made a whole bunch and installed them. it's not hard, just cut out a heap of little foam squares and punch a hole in em. :-o

replaced the bb's with a duratrax set, they feel nice and smooth.

the outdrives and dogbones were pretty worn so i got a full set of mip cvd's for it. damn they're nice!

the front end got a new shock tower to replace the split one too.

i recently got a new radio so i installed the fancy fm hrs rx in this. the manual was pretty clear that i can only use digital servos with this rx so i bought a towerpro digital hi torque servo. it's really precise and has plenty of grunt and holding power for the heavy mt steering. only cost $23 too! yes, new!

i picked up a bargain speedmind esc (looks like an unlabelled futaba esc) that's handling the drive, it overheated at first but i installed some heatsinks to the fets and it's all good now.
it's pushing a group 20 motor arm (20t) which isn't too fast but it's got balls and it's fast enough for me.

finally i gave the body a good wash and applied some new decals to better reflect my rc alliances. what the hell is a penzoil? :lol:

well that's enough yakking, have a squizz at this!

inner gada da vida
gotta reprezent

something for the competition to look at just before i flatten their azzez!
i used to be cool
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

betty.k wrote:something for the competition to look at just before i flatten their azzez!
That won't last long if you keep running though rocks.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

hell, i don't think it'll last the first pack! :lol:

i only did it as a last minute "what the hell", i had finished colouring in the writing on the tyres with a paint marker and the underbelly said "i'm a big black canvas, skull me!" so i did, with the help of the little pixies dancing at my feet.
when a fight broke out between them and the green gorrilla i said to myself "hang on, something weird's going on here...............the gorilla shouldn't be here 'til friday"

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la :?
i used to be cool
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

betty.k wrote:hell, i don't think it'll last the first pack! :lol:

i only did it as a last minute "what the hell", i had finished colouring in the writing on the tyres with a paint marker and the underbelly said "i'm a big black canvas, skull me!" so i did, with the help of the little pixies dancing at my feet.
when a fight broke out between them and the green gorrilla i said to myself "hang on, something weird's going on here...............the gorilla shouldn't be here 'til friday"

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la :?
:lol:
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

That Body is so cooooool man I love the Baja VW. And that R7R and Bitpimps is Representing!

I wish there were more large electric Buggies like that it seems like a dying breed. :-?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: