Now its Dave's H2

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Now its Dave's H2

Post by crazydave »

I'm digging my Xmod Evo truck. After getting bearings, stage 2 motor, and the off road kit, I've been having some fun, and getting it scuffed up. So now that the new has worn off, it time to make it mine. :lol:

Anyone that has one of these might notice my influence from the BFG ad in the little Truckin' mag that comes with it. Funny thing is when I went to buy paints, I forgot it was red, and wondered why I needed another shade of blue, so I skipped it, and used the Metal Flake Blue that I had. I got a Light Champagne Metallic for the bottom. I'm really happy with the way it looks, but when I went back and looked at the ad again, I saw it was actually red. That's ok, I like my blue better anyways. :lol:

Wanted to take pics out in the dirt and sunlight, but I screwed around too much after work today, and ran out of sunlight. I'll do outdoor pics tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to show it off, so here's a couple crappy snapshots.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Even though there some "Crappy snapshots" Its looking mighty fine!

Nice job CD! :-o
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I've been avoiding looking at anything xmod evo, as the last thing I need is another platform to support. That looks pretty cool though, and is tempting me to cash in my gift certificate I got for xmas.

The thing I've come to realize with most 1:24 or so off-road type vehicles is that if you actually take them off-road, you will spend the next half of a day tearing it apart and cleaning it out, and even then there's a good chance it will never be the same. But there's just no way I'm gonna spend my way into a larger-scale vehicle that can actually handle dirt and water.

I dig your paintjob, and those tires and wheels look sweet.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

WOW, i really like this H2 but umm, if you want to drive it.. get the blue F-150 RS has, that body is way too nice for anything like that. Mine likes to flip..alot. Most of the parts on my H2 are scratched. Maybe I'll get a pic for you guys.. lol. :cool:
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

evoraptor wrote:WOW, i really like this H2 but umm, if you want to drive it.. get the blue F-150 RS has, that body is way too nice for anything like that. Mine likes to flip..alot. Most of the parts on my H2 are scratched. Maybe I'll get a pic for you guys.. lol. :cool:
I hear ya. My G55 is for indoors only, while the Hummer body gets trashed outside. That's definitely the cleanest Hummer paintjob I've seen yet. Hell, it's the cleanest xtruck one I've seen!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote: The thing I've come to realize with most 1:24 or so off-road type vehicles is that if you actually take them off-road, you will spend the next half of a day tearing it apart and cleaning it out, and even then there's a good chance it will never be the same. But there's just no way I'm gonna spend my way into a larger-scale vehicle that can actually handle dirt and water.
The larger scale vehicles need to be constantly maintained too, if you're running in dirt. I got sick of breaking down my 1/10th scale cars. That's why I'm loving this one for offroading around my living room.

I shove pop bottles under the big throw rug in my living room, and just catch air. Its kinda more fun with the Xmod, because it'll flip if you push it too hard, but I think its more realistic.
evoraptor wrote:WOW, i really like this H2 but umm, if you want to drive it.. get the blue F-150 RS has, that body is way too nice for anything like that. Mine likes to flip..alot. Most of the parts on my H2 are scratched. Maybe I'll get a pic for you guys.. lol.
I was looking at the that blue Ford. Does the front tab come with it? Is that all I need to put it on the Hummer chassis?

...and doncha worry none, I'm a gonna drive it, I can always repaint it. :-o
crazydave's Gallery
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

crazydave wrote:
evoraptor wrote:WOW, i really like this H2 but umm, if you want to drive it.. get the blue F-150 RS has, that body is way too nice for anything like that. Mine likes to flip..alot. Most of the parts on my H2 are scratched. Maybe I'll get a pic for you guys.. lol.
I was looking at the that blue Ford. Does the front tab come with it? Is that all I need to put it on the Hummer chassis?

I think it comes with everything you need, like the older RS body kits. I think that includes the driveshaft (since the F-150 uses the longest driveshafts) and the from tab.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

evoraptor wrote:
crazydave wrote:

I think it comes with everything you need, like the older RS body kits. I think that includes the driveshaft (since the F-150 uses the longest driveshafts) and the from tab.
A stock evo has no driveshaft. All lengths of driveshafts are in the AWD kit.

Dave, I hear what you're saying. Personally, I've found R/C bliss in 1:18. I mudded my zilla and literally hosed it off, electronics and all (well, the mamba ESC is waterproof, and I used a damp paper towel on the rx and servo, but otherwise, I literally hosed it down). Still, I love my xmod for the fact that tree roots are now fun obstacles and the fact that it's compact enough to be a ball in the house.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Xmod evo truck - $59.99. One with the touch of love - priceless.
:-o :-o :-o :-o love the choice of colors. red could be good, but this blue is ROCKIN' TRUCKIN' 8-) 8-) 8-)
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

ynad wrote:Xmod evo truck - $59.99. One with the touch of love - priceless.
:-o :-o :-o :-o love the choice of colors. red could be good, but this blue is ROCKIN' TRUCKIN' 8-) 8-) 8-)
Dave's a blue fanatic. That's ok cause his work is always shit-hot. :-o :-o :-o
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, I likes da blue alright. :lol:

I don't know, its funny, I like other colors too, but when it comes time to do something permanent, its like why compromise, I prefer blue.

Glad you guys like my blue cars. :-)
crazydave's Gallery
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

See Dave, this is the shit that will make me buy one of these fuckers :eek:
Great work Pimp! But one thing I hate about the color.........

It's Dallas Cowboyz !!!! :o Booooooo! :lol:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

WOOOOO COWBOYSS BABYYYYYY!! ahhaha
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

crazydave wrote:I don't know, its funny, I like other colors too, but when it comes time to do something permanent, its like why compromise, I prefer blue.
i'm the same. i know there are brazillions of colours out there but i always find myself using the same "fire" colours or black :grin:
i used to be cool
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Yep dave thems my favorite colors. You must be psychic or some shit. :-o
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!