Now its Dave's H2

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

DarkTari wrote:See Dave, this is the shit that will make me buy one of these fuckers :eek:
Great work Pimp! But one thing I hate about the color.........

It's Dallas Cowboyz !!!! :o Booooooo! :lol:
But its also Carolina Panthers :-o
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:See Dave, this is the shit that will make me buy one of these fuckers :eek:
Great work Pimp! But one thing I hate about the color.........

It's Dallas Cowboyz !!!! :o Booooooo! :lol:
Actually, no its's not. The Cowboys are Blue and Silver, This is Blue and Light Champagne Metallic. It's a light gold color.

At any rate, Dave is not a sports fan. In fact he hates all sports other than motorsports. So team colors will never come into play with me. :lol:

Damn, I really wanted to get pics in the sunlight today, but there was this one frickin' cloud blocking out the sun this afternoon. This post made me really wish the sun was out, so you could've seen the true color. :(
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

sessiz wrote:Yep dave thems my favorite colors. You must be psychic or some shit. :-o
HOW BOUT DEM REDSKINS !!!!
Off 2 Da Next Round!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Here's some pics I'm happy with. I think the color is pretty true, on my monitor at least. :lol:

crazydave's Gallery
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

looks great once again :-o
Dave, try to take a shot using flash. same angle just add a little sparcle :lol:
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Now all you gotta do is get rid of that orange crap underneath and you're set. :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

evoraptor wrote:Now all you gotta do is get rid of that orange crap underneath and you're set. :-o
yeah I saw a guy dye his black over on xmodworld, looked great.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

DarkTari wrote:
sessiz wrote:Yep dave thems my favorite colors. You must be psychic or some shit. :-o
HOW BOUT DEM REDSKINS !!!!
Off 2 Da Next Round!
I'm with dave on the whole sports thing. (even though I listened to the giants game today on the radio and listened to them give up 3 interceptions and a shut out. :sad: )

Love that champaign tone dave. Nice. :-o
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ynad wrote:looks great once again :-o
Dave, try to take a shot using flash. same angle just add a little sparcle :lol:
Actually, I did use the flash. I was trying really hard to take the these pics the way you had decribed before.

I think the sun was a little too directly overhead, because I was having a lot of trouble with sun flares reflecting off the chrome, and making the whole picture hazy. Were you the one that mentioned a filter for that?
Maxximum Attack wrote:yeah I saw a guy dye his black over on xmodworld, looked great.
No shit, huh? Now why didn't I think of that? I've dyed parts before. :lol:
I think I'm gonna go for it. I don't care for that Orange much either. :-o

sessiz wrote:champaign
That's a proper spelling too, aint it? When I saw your way, it looked right, so I had to recheck my paint cap, and sure enough it said, "Champagne". So now I'm guessing both ways are correct? :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

My way is always the right way. :lol:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

crazydave wrote:
Maxximum Attack wrote:yeah I saw a guy dye his black over on xmodworld, looked great.
No shit, huh? Now why didn't I think of that? I've dyed parts before. :lol:
I think I'm gonna go for it. I don't care for that Orange much either. :-o

yeah this is HUGE inspiration for when i get my evo h2: http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php ... adid=21806
[]D [] []V[] []D
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

civicsr2cool wrote: this is HUGE inspiration for when i get my evo h2: http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php ... adid=21806
:eek: you're not wrong there! he's done some awesome work on that truck! best evo truck chassis i've seen so far :-o

oh and dave, what can i say. it's yours and it's magnificent! :cool:
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I died my parts black last night, and it was a partial success/borderline disaster.

The suspension arms, dogbones, and steering arm take right to the dye, no propbem. The shocks wouldn't take dye for shit. After an hour and a half, they are still purple. The upper suspension mounts take the dye, but the front one came out a little light. So when I went to pull the rear one, and it looked the same, I threw it back in for a few more minutes. That was just a minute too long. It started to melt and deformed quite badly. The gear case was taking the die, but takes longer because its larger, and when I melted that suspension mount, I yanked that gearbox right out. So now its a swirly mess of purple, black, and orange.

I managed to melt and stretch the suspension mount into a position where its functional, and it don't look too bad. The black suspension does look better with the body on, but overall, I'm not sure it was worth a days stress, and a deformed part. :-?
crazydave's Gallery
METALHEAD
bitHood

Post by METALHEAD »

Crazydave, I gotta ask. Is that the RS "lift kit" and upgraded rubber? Most of the pics I see of these Evo's are stock, but yours be looking gooood. That's what I'm talking about for when I pick one up...that look. No worries man, I ain't no cheezey ass copy cat, but I love that lifted look with bigger tires...but not tooo big. I keep the rediculous shit for my BIG bad boys. With these smaller scales, I really like the realistic aspect. Anyway, props on the paint too, that looks great. I know how tough it is to pull off a good paint job in this small of a scale.

After reading your last post on your dying ordeal I'm wondering if a guy to just "color" those stubborn pieces with a Sharpie. :???: Kinda tacky, I admit, but it seems easy enough and you could always touch them up if they rubbed through or got scratched. Just a thought.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

CDave, my bad about the flashie thingy.:-?
You can try different settings and will find the more suitable combination.
See my thread on H2 for some example on how flash was used.
As far as filters go, there are dozens of filters out there. You can get some nice effect or some thing helpfull to manage light.
Never the less your pictures are always great looking :-o
Once again compliments on the truck. Some good shit :cool: