BitPimp Subaru rally car

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

BitPimp Subaru rally car

Post by Sporttracguy »

Well she is almost finished. I'm just waiting for my woahnelly to show up and i can start thrashing this baby.

Under the hood there is an atomic z2 motor (cant wait to test it out), alloy motor mount, bearings, carbon fiber flex plate and an aluminum skid plate (coke can) mounted on an iwaver 02 chassis. The wheels are stock subaru wheels with xmod foam tires and aluminum nuts.

I used a couple of zipzap se light sets to wire up the lights. (on all the time of course)

I had a few pimps asking for pictures so i figured i would put them up.

And of course lots of bitpimps decals
Enjoy,
STG
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

... and she is ready for competition :-o :-o
did you use zz's lights board with 4 whites?
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Dang man you told me on MSN what you were doing but that is just sooo cool! :-o

I like the Skid plates that idea is something I will have to try on my IWaver the plastic on the bottom side is not that strong.

I still have not done the light kit thing but thanks agian for the help I plan to work on it tonight (got busy last night and did not get to it)!

Great Stuff man thanks for posting the pics! :-o 8-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

How'd you get that great ride-height?

You should get a couple more light kits and wire them into the included foglamps.

I had a shell just like that, it got sacrificed for my first 1:28 paintjob :-o
Kinda regretting it now :lol:

Maxx
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Fixed that last pic,, for some reason i doubled up one of the other pictures :???:

Ynad
I just found out that i have a LHS in west seattle that races mini z's so yeah, Im thinking about racing her. If nothing else, I plan to have a blast thrashing her everywhere else :-o

Maxximum Attack

Part of the ride height is from the foam tires, they are slightly larger than the stock tires.

FOr the other part of the ride height, i mounted the carbon fiber H plate a little differently. Instead of mounting it under the motor mount (like its supposed to be) i was able to mount it on top of the motor mount (if that makes sense) It gave me just under another 1/16th of an inch clearance in the back.

As far as the lights go, Yes, i did use two sets of zipzap leds up front. I just used the LEDs and soldered two sets to the little se light pcb. I thought about using those extra fog lights but they were a little bulky. I think once i beat up this brand new body a bit ill have the guts to drill into her and mount the other lights :???:

SWG Any time man, can't wait to see how she turns out

This is where i got the idea for the skid plate:

STG
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I :bowdown: to that body!!

I just grabbed one on Ebay about a week ago in PERFECT condition for $13.50 shipped!

Love the skid plate. Cleanly done.

Did you attach it by using the stock screws or did you make new holes or.....????

Great job!!

One hell of a SUBIE fan here.....

Since then I've added a couple more. :-o

SUBIE NATION!!!!! :rockon:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

The skid plate is attached using the existing screw holes and high quality CA. I folded all of the corners and sanded them flush so there arent any areas that are going to catch and damage it.

Ive used coke cans for quite a few cars and they always seem to hold up well.

STG
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Great work dude! that thing looks like it means serious business. Go get it dirty!
Sporttracguy wrote: Ive used coke cans for quite a few cars and they always seem to hold up well.

STG
They should!
Back when i took my motorbike to track days we used to duct tape crushed coke cans to our pants as knee sliders! They held up fantastically! (mind you, I wouldn't do it now!)
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"