Acuras

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Acuras

Post by skylinekid »

Well over the past little while i've been busy with a ton of projects. Here i'll show you 2 of them, my Acura NSX and RSX. The NSX has some very basic and simple mods but is very fast and reliable, it also looks very sleek. Its mods are as follows:

Custom Cut vents
Mix of mild and stock bodykits
Lowered
6 Cell (Pro Kit on way)
RS St.2 red motor
RS suspention upgrade
06 Mustang Rims

The RSX is my first expariment of painting a car with more than 1 color. It has a paint job which i first planned out in Need For Speed: Most Wanted and then put it on the car. It still has a long way to go befor its finnished. I'll be paint all the bvodykits for it as well. The chassie has all RS upgrades, nothing more yet.

I will continue to update as i get futher along with my progress on these cars and i might even take some pics of some of my other project cars later on. But for now thats enough talk and on to some pics, which by the way do no justice and make the RSX's making job look bad when really it turned out perfect :-o

Enjoy, all comments welcome :cool:
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

paint job looks good. i'm not sure about color combo. green and blue are not
workin good together. it would be nice to see the whoe thing put together.
maybe if you are planning to place some decals it could become more balanced. :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Ya know skylinekid. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you've come a lone way. I mean, there's been a ton a newbs getting beat down lately, they don't understand why, get pissed, anf never come back. You on the other hand, I don't even remember what happened with you, but everything I've seen from you lately shows an intelligent person. I thought you did a really nice job on that bit for the contest, and then this is a nicely laid out, clear post, with some really good pics. You obviously got it. Cool. :-o

Anyways getting to your post. I think the paint job show some promise. It looks a little rough around the edges. Was the tape pulling away at the paint? If you got more of that paint, you can touch it it up with a fine detail brush. I have to do that all the time. You gonna clear coat over the tape?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:Ya know skylinekid. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you've come a lone way. I mean, there's been a ton a newbs getting beat down lately, they don't understand why, get pissed, anf never come back. You on the other hand, I don't even remember what happened with you, but everything I've seen from you lately shows an intelligent person. I thought you did a really nice job on that bit for the contest, and then this is a nicely laid out, clear post, with some really good pics. You obviously got it. Cool. :-o
Seconded. :-o
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I thirdid. :smile:

One thing I'd like to add to crazydave's comment... not only do you get it, but you don't over get it. I mean, you're not trying too hard, which is awesome 'cause that's just as fuckin' annoying as the other bullshit. :-o
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

I guess i fourthid (I guess i just made up a new word), nice rides skylinekid, cutting out the vents was simple genius and add a nice touch, Looks like the RSX is coming along nicely, cant wait to see the finished product. :-o
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Thanks guys, i really appriciate it and i can also notice that i have come along way and it has done me better not only in this site but out elsewhere :-) I like you idea CD and will for sure try it. I will be putting clearcote on the windows too 'cuz we all know that the RS clear sucks :o
I should get some major progree on the RSX this weekend and i'll post some more pics on Sunday or Monday :cool:
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I'm feeling the RSX, it looks like you cut your window masks with a DULL blade. Either that or you laid the paint on a little thick. When removing the masking just score the edges so the mask doesn't take the surrounding paint with it :-o.

Those rear quarter panels are screaming for some green decals, and maybe some white ones on the blue part. Wing, and lower and you're good to go.

Great job again
Maxx
ace205

nice

Post by ace205 »

nice