Some of my cars.

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
nascar8
bitHood

Some of my cars.

Post by nascar8 »

I have done a lot of mods to my XMODs and I wanted to show some pictures of all my cars. I am a newbie to this forum so I hope I did not break any rules by posting them.

My '67 Shelby Cobra.
- I made it from a model body.

My Supra
-My first XMOD paint job, I sprayed the white and hand painted the black and orange, so the black is a little shakey but it was good for a brush.

My RSX
-I bought the body from a friend for 10 bucks and cut out the front grille, and put in dual exaust out of the bumper.
-This is my RSX post butchering it with a paint job.

My Mustang
-Custom hood... That's it, nothing special.

One of my 2 Subaru's... I bought one chassis with subaru body from RS, and bought the other Subaru body from RS when they got a return one (The chassis was done for on the return).
- Custom roof scoop.

My Civic-Skyline
-They are in the same pictures together... My Civic has a custom wing taken off the Supra, and the tail pipe is from a Subaru body kit...
-My Skyline has two holes in the nose to increase air flow. It's my drift car, and I tend to burn up electronics doing that.

My Subaru #2
-Custom front bumper
Image Image

My Corvette
-Stock

My Firebird
-Bone Stock
Image Image

My F150
-Almost bone stock, I have a lift kit...
Image Image

My XMOD chassis that I lightend up 60 grams
- Completely re-built
Image Image
Image Image

Thats it, I hope you like almost all my cars.

Feel free to comment on them.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Looks like someone got REALLY tired of MRCC :lol:

Welcome
nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Looks like someone got REALLY tired of MRCC :lol:

Welcome
Well I just am trying to branch out so if there is something I am looking for- for my R/C cars, and MRCC doesnt have it, I have other sources.

I was nervous joining bitpimps because this forum is notorious for destroying newbies that mess up, but then I decided that it can't be that bad here. But Bitpimps is where all the serious modders are so I went ahead and joined.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

nascar8 wrote:
Maxximum Attack wrote:Looks like someone got REALLY tired of MRCC :lol:

Welcome
Well I just am trying to branch out so if there is something I am looking for- for my R/C cars, and MRCC doesnt have it, I have other sources.

I was nervous joining bitpimps because this forum is notorious for destroying newbies that mess up, but then I decided that it can't be that bad here. But Bitpimps is where all the serious modders are so I went ahead and joined.
As long as you "act right" (follow the couple of rules we have and act in a mature manner) you should be good. First thing you'll notice is a lack of "garbage" (useless babble posts) and content that's worth your time.

You got yourself some nice rides there man. Welcome to BP. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Ditto,

The rules are very few, and VERY specific. Just read them and you'll be fine. ANY question you can think of asking (RC related) has been asked already, just use the search. Don't be afraid to resurrect old posts, just have a good reason for doing so.

Enjoy the boards, I do :-)
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Good work on the rides man! That Shelby is smoking.

You started off with a legible, easy to understand useful first post (with photos!), so don't sweat about gettin' beat down - its all good! :-o

Take some time to search through some of the stickies and older articles if you have any questions, chances are your answer is already around.

Nice to have you on board! :-)
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

nice collection man, i like the job you did on the supra :-o
i used to be cool
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

Nice job Nascar.

This is RAdioFlyer as well
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Heck of a collection you got there :-o nice mods - the all look good.
that Cobra, where is that from?
welcome. don't sweat it. you'll be fine here. :-)
nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

ynad wrote:Heck of a collection you got there :-o nice mods - the all look good.
that Cobra, where is that from?
I got the cobra from a model kit. It had a hard time sliding on over the battery packs of the XMOD so I shaved down inside with a dremel to make it fit.

I painted it by brush with enamel, and if anyone has done that they know how hard it was to make it smooth. The paint is still a little lumpy but not as bad as it was when it started. I did something like 20 clear coats from a spray bottle to make it less lumpy. :-D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

How them skinny fronts working out on that car? Kinda looks like a drag car. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

Yeah I built it to be a drag car, I am racing my friend in a drag race, and we had to rebuild everyting and then race to see wich is the best car. I figured it would be cool to have skinny front rims. I glued the front tires on the rims.

I also did the spin brush hybrid mod to the motor, and did a power switch bypass mod. I shortened the driveshaft, and now I am extending the chassis. It isnt pretty but it works. I also lightened and locked the differential. By lightening it, it will be able to spin with less force having to be put on it.

I have a Comaro body to put on it once I paint the body.
Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.
-Metallica-
Breadfan, You got it wrong, Some long time friend's gonna lose it in the end who's a fool
-Metallica-
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Love the Subie man vary nice work and that hand paint job dang for hand painting not bad at all!

saw your work at R7R glad you could come and see what bitpimps has! Thanks for posting pics! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

Thanks for all the nice comments, I will have more pictures of my newly painted Skyline soon. I used a can of paint on it and I missed some of the paint around the windows because of the masking so I had to take a brush and spray it with paint then brush around the windows. It's looking good so far, and now I have to clear coat it then take pictures.

Okay here it is... Enjoy

Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.
-Metallica-
Breadfan, You got it wrong, Some long time friend's gonna lose it in the end who's a fool
-Metallica-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Looking forward to seeing that Camaro when its done. I'm digging the idea of an Xmod drag car. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"