I Deere you to beat me...

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
sg219
bitPimp

I Deere you to beat me...

Post by sg219 »

Yep, it runs like one too. :lol:

This is my entry into the 1/18th scale Offroad Nats at the end of this month in Enfield, CT.

Mini-LST

-MIP center diff
-Losi dual disc slipper cluth
-Losi rear sway bar
-GPM silver aluminum threaded shocks and springs
-Losi yellow dish rims
-Losi mini ATX tires
-Associsted ball post dust sheilds
-Hot Racing CVD's
-Dynamite green metallic body pins
-3 Racing aluminum motor heat sink
-Mamba 6800kv motor by CC
-Mamba 25 ESC by CC
-Spektrum DX3 TX and RX
-Electifly Lipo 3s 1250 mah 11.1v
-Losi MLST stock pinion
-Custom painted stock MLST body by SG
-Custom decals by Ripper7777777

Here's the pics...

It'll be my first time racing. My goals are to be competive and learn as much as possible.

Most of all...

HAVE SOME FUN!!!!! and :cool:
Last edited by sg219 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

Here are my experiences from when I was racing my Mini-T on carpet. If you look at RC Driver, there is a CEN add with William Copley, a local racer from my home town. My set up proved decent against him and his son (racing his dad's set up). These were for a Mini-T, so they may or may not apply.

I had that thing slammed down low, but I had stiff springs. This helped me slide around the corners with a little push. I was running stock rears that I ran bald on asphalt. Gave me a good balance of grip and the ability to slide. I turned the dual rate down just a bit so it was harder to roll it. Also, if your antenna tube is even a little loose, consider a SMALL drop of CA to tac it in there. And lastly, be sure that slipper clutch is set well. You want it to slip just enough to keep the front end down under full acceleration.

I'm sure most of this is probably redundant to you SG, but hopefully someone will get something out of it.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

chrome wrote:Here are my experiences from when I was racing my Mini-T on carpet. If you look at RC Driver, there is a CEN add with William Copley, a local racer from my home town. My set up proved decent against him and his son (racing his dad's set up). These were for a Mini-T, so they may or may not apply.

I had that thing slammed down low, but I had stiff springs. This helped me slide around the corners with a little push. I was running stock rears that I ran bald on asphalt. Gave me a good balance of grip and the ability to slide. I turned the dual rate down just a bit so it was harder to roll it. Also, if your antenna tube is even a little loose, consider a SMALL drop of CA to tac it in there. And lastly, be sure that slipper clutch is set well. You want it to slip just enough to keep the front end down under full acceleration.

I'm sure most of this is probably redundant to you SG, but hopefully someone will get something out of it.

Later,
Chrome...

Very good info.

I'm learning as I go along. I've never paid much attention to set-up and performance up until now. I was just a basher. So every bit of info I read or see, I put to good use.

I'll pass that along to Bird, too. He'll be racing his Mini-T in the Mod class. I'll be in the Insane 4WD monster class. :lol:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

if i wuz racing i'd try to get as many practice laps in as i could :-)

looks like you got the goods, i'm pretty sure you'll have a blast! :smile:
i used to be cool
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

That's a sweet little monster you got there.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool, you're gonna have some fun with that! Betty hit the nail on the head, get as many practice runs in as you can, which may be difficult at a national event.

I'm little jealous, with my mLST being box stock and all, but I'm saving my pennies right now for a charger that will also handle Lipos.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Looks good man... Are you sure you can run BL set up? Down here, the national races give hand out motors, and tires. No BL if ya wanna compete.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

payaso wrote:Looks good man... Are you sure you can run BL set up? Down here, the national races give hand out motors, and tires. No BL if ya wanna compete.

silla :D

Ya. They have special classes that are unlimited. Brushless, Lipo (up to 11.1v), chassis, anything goes.

They have them for 2wd, 4wd, and 4wd monsters.

It should be pretty crazy with a bunch of brushless monsters runnin' around!! :wobble:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, I was gonna ask you about that. I saw in the magazine there was a a brushless class for 2wd, but I didn't know if the Big Block Monster class would allow brushless, or if it would be brushless vs. dual motor.That would've been interesting.

I just thought of a tip that might come in handy. Walk around the track, and study the corners from the point of view of the car. Pick out you best lines and where you want to be when you enter the corner. Its easier to see a better line that way than from up in the driver's stand.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:I just thought of a tip that might come in handy. Walk around the track, and study the corners from the point of view of the car. Pick out you best lines and where you want to be when you enter the corner. Its easier to see a better line that way than from up in the driver's stand.
I hope I get a chance too. Its looking like they'll be almost 300 racers there that weekend. They set the limit at 300, so I'm expecting somewhere, slightly less, or around that number.

If I gotta start throwing 'bows, I will. :lol:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

sounds like it'll be MAYHEM MAYHEM MAYHEM!!! :-D
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

betty.k wrote:sounds like it'll be MAYHEM MAYHEM MAYHEM!!! :-D
That's what I'm thinkin' too.

I was going to try to enter my Mini-T too, but after some thought, I came to the conclusion that it would be better for me to concentrate on one ride.

I've never raced before, so the whole experience can and probably will be a bit overwheling. I didn't want to get up there and freak out.

Then have to worry about having two rides in racing condition.

Concentrate on one, and have time to let it all soak in as a time to learn.

I haven't had butterflies about something in a LONG time. :shock: