SSMT Project

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
zzapultimate
bitThug

SSMT Project

Post by zzapultimate »

Well i'm guessing i can put this here because it's 1:24 scale :grin:

So here's how this this is going down. Brass chassis, ssmt electronics, ssmt wheels and nuckles, ssmt electronics, ssmt shocks, and some dogbones and cups.

I started off with a prototype. Bamboo skewers and hot glue! I used ssmt motor and gears and the diff for my gear box. For the axle, it's the transfer axle that goes from the rear of the truck to the front of the truck with the two cups that you would find going through the center of your nonmodifyed ssmt. I used a ssmt tire and nuckle from the front of the truck for one of the rear tires. I also used the dogbone that was on the truck before and made it longer. I assembled it and it worked great. Maybe i won't finish the prototype, i'll just start making the brass one now! Now if only i can figure out how to post pics.

There is no greater bore than perfection.
zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

I decided not to go with the brass chassis but just to use the ssmt chassis. Well, here it is, 1/4 done. I used the plastic from a mechanical pencil for the suspension arms.

Uncompressed:

Compressed:

zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Well since i finished the right rear, on to the left rear.

Here's a quick pic.

steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

That is really startting to look cool I can't belive I missed this post. I like the way you put this together and I am really looking forward to it in its finished state. Keep the pictures coming man! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Thanks, it's comming along pretty well. Kinda slow though.

I had to make a telescoping dogbone, the regular dogbone just fell out when the shock was compressed. It turned out quite well. I can't wait until the rear is finished, let alone the whole thing!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

steelwoolghandi wrote:That is really startting to look cool I can't belive I missed this post.
Ditto!!
I guess it's cuz of the topic name. I only happened to glimpse at the author. This project is coming along great. I thought you had deserted bitpimps after the flack you got about your track. Are you sure you're the same guy? :lol:

What you're doing here is what bitpimpin' is about. Keep it up man :-o

Maxx
zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
steelwoolghandi wrote:That is really startting to look cool I can't belive I missed this post.
Ditto!!
I guess it's cuz of the topic name. I only happened to glimpse at the author. This project is coming along great. I thought you had deserted bitpimps after the flack you got about your track. Are you sure you're the same guy? :lol:

What you're doing here is what bitpimpin' is about. Keep it up man :-o

Maxx
I ain't going no ware :grin:

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping to get the rear finished by the sunday.
zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Well I blew that goal away. Here is the rear.

zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Here's the body i've got picked out.

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Nice, I'm lovin how this is coming along. So what are you going to do in the electronics area? hobby, iWaver, brushless? Can the drivetrain handle hotter motors or will this be a slow crawler?

Maxx
zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Quick update. Chassis is made from mechanicle pencil. I've also got the lower front arm mounts.

zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Here's a pic of the truck and what it should look like when it's done. I took the right rear and put it on the left front and took a pic. It looks like it's done doesn't it!

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

This project is coming along really well. That truck looks ready for anything. Crawling or even highspeed jumps. It's starting to resemble those larger scale trucks (savage/Emaxx) :-o

Keep on keepin on
Maxx