beg for Murcie, biatch!

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SuperFly
bitPimp

beg for Murcie, biatch!

Post by SuperFly »

A little while ago, I ordered a Laborghini Murcielago white body kit. Finally got some decent weather where I could open my back door and paint.

I scrubbed it down and painted the whole thing black. It was kind of sad because the black undercoat was one of the most flawless paintjobs I've ever done, and it was beautiful. But the plan was a silver/black two-tone, and black cars are really hard to see on the RCP track. So I masked off the black parts and did 3 coats of Testor's Metallizer Aluminum Plate, followed by 2 coats of clear, then some rubbing compound, cleaner, and wax. Hue busted my nose clip while I was running a green Murcie body I have, so I repaired the clip with some styrene, which also resulted in lowering the front end by about 4-5mm. I also dremeled the notches in the side where the side clips go to lower those by about the same amount. I still have room to lower the suspension with spacers, but I think it's as low as it can go without hitting stuff on the track, and it still has the full range of suspension without rubbing anywhere.

I sort of made a promise to myself that none of my mini-zs would be shelf queens, so next time you see this it will be beat to hell. Not only is it going to be driven, it goes really fast. Its got 3x2 stacks of 4962 fets pushing a NML SSV.3, clear chassis, PN CF disk damper, Atomic MM mount (which I'll be ditching for a PN as soon as I can), alloy knuckles, tie rod, and tie rod cover

These pix are badass, eh? almost looks real. I've got a little mini-studio set up down at my office for shooting some portfolio items, so I snuck my car down and shot it during lunch.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

PIMP.
That paint is so smooth...
Awesome body, it truly does look real. The only tip-off its an rc is the beat up wheels.

I can picture the battle damage in my head already, and it hurts. :sad:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

man, that's autoscale nice! :eek:
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Kick ass man. Looks real mean. Good choice on the colors too.

Should look alright with some battle scars. I run the auto scale green one, and am just waiting to repaint it. It's a really tough body.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Badass is not the word man. However, I don't know what the true word is.
I'm Speechless. It's amazing how the TLC shows in the paintjob.

Maxx
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Shit yea it looks real. Damn smoove too.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Dang man I dont know which is better the phtos or the body looks like yoiu have the best of both worlds!

Sweet job all around man. :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

S-E-X-Y

Now go drive it and add some more character to it, if you catch my drift. :-o
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

That gives me a hard-on!
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Glad y'all dig it, thanks for the props!

Gotta tell ya, after a couple years of working on bits, it was nice to put down the magnifying goggles and surgical tools and work on something where a dust spec doesn't take up a noticable percentage of a body panel. It's also a little more stressfull, as a screw-up isn't just trashing a $2 body, but about $30 worth of materials.

I was going to order some of those sweet Tagu alloy wheels that are meant for a lambo, but I didn't want to wait that long to take a picture, which had to happen before I could drive it. Also, I screwed up and forgot to put the mirrors on for the picture. I figured I'd not glue them on, so I wouldn't be sad when they get snapped off.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

:eek: Damn! I just can't get over how nice that body looks and how well that paint is laid. AMAZING job! :-o
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

very nice man, uber freakin low too! :-o

I always found the merci shells a bit heavy in comparison to my other shells I've run.....

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Those pics look badass. It almost looks real. :???:

No seriously I was gonna say that, you weren't supposed to say that, dammit. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

mirrors????

Post by ibjamn »

:shock: .....very clean, and great showroom shine!
8) 8)
If you hadn't said that about the mirrors, I wouldn't have known. I was too busy looking at the sleekness in that finish!
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

it IS beauty :-o