I finaly did it

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

I finaly did it

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I have been getting some hassle from the guys over at R7R especially Ripper to try some larger scale. So I took the dive and bought this:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XJSW0&P=ML

I should have it in some time next week I am looking forward to do something like Superfly said work on something that I don’t have to use my magnifying lamp on!

I have already bought some accessories for it and the a body I can bash is next I found another mini cooper body (actually ripper did) that will work on this that I can really bash and keep the stock cooper body for show and modding.

Once it comes in I will post some pictures.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

That's one nice mini. I don't know what it is about those little cars, but it sure is one cool little British roadster.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Those were really popular back in '96 when I was active with larger scales. They're small 1/10th scale cars so they're mini only by 1/10th scale standards. There was a Fiat with the rear deck propped open and a nicely detailed engine, oh man did I want that, but they were just a bit to pricey for me. They used to be about that price for the kit minus electrics.

Everyone who ever owned a Tamiya car raves about it. I've always been attracted to the scale realism, but always been turned off by the price vs. features factor. In the case of the M-03 cars it was the plastic motor mount, friction shocks, and being limited to only 3 gear ratios.

You'll have to let us know your impressions when you get it. Maybe, just maybe I might understand the allure of a Tamiya car someday. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

crazydave wrote: Everyone who ever owned a Tamiya car raves about it. I've always been attracted to the scale realism, but always been turned off by the price vs. features factor. In the case of the M-03 cars it was the plastic motor mount, friction shocks, and being limited to only 3 gear ratios.

Yea, i'm for Tamiya's as well, but if you want to see a really detailed car.. look at this. SWG may have seen this..

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Scale_4x4_RC ... topic=4648
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Now that Cooper is just Insane :shock: I had not seen that post and I was drooling all over it...

I was just hopping to build this body as a Basher:
http://minirally.cool.ne.jp/
My other hangout! R7R
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

evoraptor wrote:Yea, i'm for Tamiya's as well, but if you want to see a really detailed car.. look at this. SWG may have seen this..

Holy crap, that is just absolutely freakin' insane... and this coming from a guy that calls himself crazydave.

Did you see the little key he made?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

crazydave wrote:
evoraptor wrote:Yea, i'm for Tamiya's as well, but if you want to see a really detailed car.. look at this. SWG may have seen this..

Holy crap, that is just absolutely freakin' insane... and this coming from a guy that calls himself crazydave.

Did you see the little key he made?
That key was what really impressed me about his attention to detail and teh motor too. That guy must have obsessive/compulsive disorder or something.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Yeah, that was crazy detail there, but I was dissapointed to never see a completed photo spread. Did I miss something or is it another cursed "in progress pics thread"?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Mini looks great ,Im sure you'll have a blast with it , The fwd makes it pretty fun to drive.

Crazydave - That fiat arbath(sp?) was awsome ! , Ive always liked that , Its really sweet.

Scale4x4rc , Thats where I hang out most of the time.
Some cool SSMT builds coming along too. There's a micro section , You guys should post some of your stuff over there , Everyone would love to see it !
We don't need no god damn roads!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

I got my Mini Cooper in and have been having a blast with it. I got some better shocks for the chassis and have been impressed with the added performance. I did not like the stock tires so I got a link to a site that showed how to modify Block tires to fit the Mini Cooper Wheels.

I cut the Tires about 3 sections then used Zap a Gap CA glue and it welded the rubber together in a matter of minutes and the gap fill helped fill in where I could not cut strait. I bought wheels off eBay just for the new Tires.

I got the wheels and tires on and well I have to wait for my new body on because I cannot run the Stock Cooper body without the new wheels rubbing the back wheel well. The new body will have higher cut wheel wells and it will allow more travel in the wheels and tires. I took a picture with the new wheels and tires to show ya’ll how it looks. I drove it with the body off and its got much more traction.

Thanks so Ripper and OTP over at R7R for getting me into the 1/10 scale I have been having a blast.

Ok now pictures:

Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other hangout! R7R
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Kokolo - If your somebody on his account , Drop it , it aint funny , so fuck off.
We don't need no god damn roads!
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Does anybody know how to cheak the IP addy on Kokolo???

Block it maybe....
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit