lamborghini murcielago evo

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

lamborghini murcielago evo

Post by Sporttracguy »

Well pimps, it's time to show off my newest rocket of an r/c car. Im running atomic mods 7.4 volt lipo setup with an atomic Z2 motor and nelly evo along with alloy arms, dog bones, hubs, new diffs, all wheel drive, foam tires...countless upgrades. I had to make the rear wheels wider so i modified a set of xmod drift wheels to fit inside of a set of regular xmod wheels to give me the correct offset for the wider mini z body.

I had to cut out part of the windshield to let some air in for cooling. You can see the two heat sinks (one in the windshiled attached to the nelly and one in the rear deck attached to the motor) Even with the heat sinks im having some heat issues with the motor and the nelly, the nelly get s so hot that it will slow the car down if it gets too hot (not a good thing) I may end up just removing the glass all together but i figured id leave it in for the photos.

I cant wait to take her to my local track and thrash her up,,,, There were never any plans to make her a shelf queen :-o

anyways, enjoy :-)

STG
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

fark, it's gonna fly! :eek:

looks the shit too :-o
nice work on them rims! all i ever did was flip them inside out, you had to get all perfeshonal on us :lol:
i used to be cool
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Nice work man! :)

You running the 2S2P lipo from AM? Or their regular one?

Don't know what the turn count on the ATOMIC motors is, would ne interesting to know. It must be high 20's to get nelly as hot as you're describing it!

Can you elaborate on the foam tire setup?

cheers,

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

cool cooling fins. it looks mean. how does it handle with all that power?
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

That thing looks like it could do some real smoking!!!

I too would like to know more about the wheel set-up?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ph2t-
Yeah, im running the PS2P setup but i purchased 4 of their 550 mah cells and built the pack myself. (the pack only has a 1000mah capacity and the one i built has 1100 mah, plus its cheaper to build your own) Then i just made a cola can skid plate to protect the cells from damage.

Id be curious to see how many turns that motor is as well, its fast as hell. All the package says is:

"Z2 RPM 41000 (as tested with 4 AAA cells) Warning: 7389 or 4562 FET required"

So who knows what its pushing with the lipos? :?

Any chance you could build a (dare i say it) hotter nelly :shock: ?

Ynad-
Even with all this power she handles like she is on rails ( on smooth concrete) i have yet to take her down to the local track but i plan to soon. The problem is with all that power i tend to want to use it and although its all wheel drive you can get into trouble if you arent careful.

Ok, for the wheel and tire setup: I use the Radio shack foams but in a little different way than normal. I dont use the smaller rims that come with the foams but rather grind down the center ridge of the larger rims and streatch and glue the tires to the larger rims. For the rear i take the smaller (RS foam wheels) and grind them from the back (since the rim has a smaller diameter it was binding on the hub of the car) After those are mounted i slide the larger wheel over the top and glue it in place once i have the desired offset. Before you can slide the larger wheel over the smaller one you must first grind out the little tabes inside of the larger wheels as well as drill out the center of the larger wheel so you will have access to the lug nut for removal. (hope that makes sense :???: )

Here is a simple diagram that should do the trick. It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done. :-o

Here you can see the size difference between the RS foam wheel and the full sized wheel. You may need to do a little wheel well trimming but with the larger wheels your top speed will be slightly higher (assuming you have as much torque as i do in this beast)

Hope this all makes sense

STG
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ok, i figured you guys should have one more picture. This shot shows the rear offset next to a compleatly bone stock xmod evo. I didnt realize how much wider she was until i put these two together :eek: Really makes a difference in those corners :-o

STG
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Sweet Stuff!

BTW Ph2t did come out with a stacked nelly i believe. :???:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Ah yes, the nelly delux :???: Guess i should have paid a little extra for the overkill nelly. I dont remember seeing the delux when i ordered my evo :sad:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Sporttracguy wrote:Ah yes, the nelly delux :???: Guess i should have paid a little extra for the overkill nelly. I dont remember seeing the delux when i ordered my evo :sad:
Nah not the deluxe, check out this link pimp. :-o

http://www.undergroundxmods.com/catalog ... f45506ac1b

Edit:Seems their site is down, i'm sure ph2t can fill you in. Its basically the model you have now with a extra stack of fets.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Thanks man.
Foams + wider wheel base is the key to good handling :grin:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

here is a funny little video i took with my phone last night, its a bit dark and my camera cant exactly take much of a picture with that much speed and low light levels (plus, its a phone) but i found watching it quite entertaining,,, if nothing else for the sound :eek: Its a good thing it isnt too long because i have yet to figure out how to turn it on its side :sad:
http://www.zjstech.net/~library/3675/phone%20video.3g2

Oh yeah, and that tiny heat sink i had on the motor, well i decided it wasnt doing the job so i did a little upgrade tonight :shock:

Still gets hot but it sure helps

STG
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

how much does that thing weigh in at, compared to the stock setup? And where in the world did you get that heatsink from?!?! That's what I need on my SS+ speed control on my 'PEDE :smile:

What happens if you turn the phone sideways? :lol:
I rather enjoyed the clip.....what's fun is when I turn my laptop 90 degrees counter-clockwise .......

just messing with ya.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

And where in the world did you get that heatsink from?!?!
try computer parts
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

ynad wrote:
And where in the world did you get that heatsink from?!?!
try computer parts
Its where i get mine :-o
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit