lamborghini murcielago evo

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
NismoRacer

Post by NismoRacer »

that is one nice ride :-o awsome job
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Yeah, i pulled the heat sink from an old computer (just cut it to fit)

As far as weight, its not any heavier than a stock xmod. The lipos are super light and those heat sinks are just aluminum so they are very light as well.

Im thinking of scrapping the xmod electronics and putting in some 1:18 scale parts instead. THis way i can use a normal remote and it will help with my cooling problems. Any chance you guys know if i can wire up the xmod steering servo to a 1:18 scale setup (like you can do with the iwaver monsters)

I did this with some old mini t electronics and my Iwaver but i wasnt sure if the setup is the same

Thanks
STG
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Hmm, i would think it would work. I know beano used an xmod pot and mini-t board without any issues. Just make sure it's a 4 wire servo esc.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Sporttracguy wrote: Any chance you guys know if i can wire up the xmod steering servo to a 1:18 scale setup (like you can do with the iwaver monsters)
Yeah, it's not that tricky.

Use all hogby grade 'tronics, but get one of those GWS pico or nano servo's. I say this 'cause the pot in them is the same 5K value as the xmod/miniz/iwaver pots. This way the servo 'tronics won't have an issue connecting to the xmod pot.

1) Put the guts outta it and remove the steering pot and steering motor that's inthe GWS servo.

2) Attach the xmod evo servo motor to where the original GWS servo motor was.

3) Attach the xmod servo potentiometer to where the GWS potetiomenter was. You need to connect ALL 3 wires to the pot. It's not hard, just replicate the layout and make sure the middle wire stays the middle wire from old pot to new pot.

4) Once it's all setup, power it up and if it doesn't work, change the orientation of the two outer servo wires and/or the motor wires until it responds as it should.

ie: If the servo locks hard one way when powered up, swap the motor wires around.

ie: If the steering is the opposite to what you do on the TX, swap the (outer two) servo wires around.

It's a bit a trial and error at this stage but it WILL work in the end....

See my FM mini-z thread for more info on this, I did the (effectively) same thing to my mr-02 with a hobby grade conversion.....

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.