Rise Up

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Rise Up

Post by BilboBaggins »

Another project from the Hobbit Hole.

I have a couple F150 bodies I got from closing stores. One I only did a drop on, nothing worthy of images yet.

This second on I put on my raised chassis.

This is the second truck (and the first Xmod I painted) and it's been a royal pain.

First was the color. I decided to us the same Metallic Garnet Red I used on my Firebird ZZ. I took off everything and masked all I couldn't remove. Then I started a few coats of paint. Of course I messed up and and a run because of me being a little too heavy on the coat of paint. I wait for it to dry and sand it smooth again and start over. Midway through the coats of paint the can runs dry. Off to find another can but the one I get was a darker shade. Oh well it was the top coat and it looks OK.

I started to put the parts back on then the original heavy coat problem showed it's ugly head. :eek: it was heavy in the joints between the body and the bottom body pieces. I little sanding and filing and cursing I finally got it to fit correctly.

I didn't like the chrome roll bar so I removed the chrome and primed and painted it a nice white to contrast the red nicely.

Now I have a big open bed.

What to do?

I have an extra Dog Pound figure do I screwed (Yet he is permanently mounted) into the bed.

So here are the images.

Yes, the smirking smiley face was based on the Bon Jovi "Have a Nice Day" CD cover.

I know it's not perfect (none I do ever are) but tell me what you think.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

No need to be perfect man. What is perfect these days anyways?

Great fuckin job dude. I love that color too. One of my favs.

Looks great to me. :-o

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Sometimes the best paintjobs are the ones where the car/truck still looks stock. Where you can say...." Ahhhh, but do you have it in this colour? 8-) "

It's all good
Maxx