Micro-T classic style

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Micro-T classic style

Post by crazydave »

I was seeing this with the teal and black two tone, but wanted to play with my airbrush more, so I decided to throw the flames job in. maybe too much,i don't know, but I like it.

I was playing with soft masking, and had cut some hot rod flames out of poster board. It looked great when I tested it on a flat surface, but I was having problems with the tight contours of the small body, and laying the mask flat enough to get a clean edge. I did some cool stuff, it had potential at a larger scale, where I'd have room to work, but ultimately I deciced it looked slop, so I wiped it off. Which is what's cool about these Parma paints, they come right off with some household cleaner.

So this what I ended up with. Feel like its a little bit of a cop out, but, dammit, these tiny, and I say tiny because I didn't have to get up inside a bit body, micro-t bodies are hard to work with and I'm still getting used to the airbrush. :lol:

Oh yeah, oops, its crooked. damn battery plug, its always in the way. Anyways, its just hanging a hard right... yeah that's the ticket. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hmmm, not one comment... that's first for me..... oh well I guess I'll have to try harder next time. :sad:
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Give us a break Dave, I finally got to see it a few seconds ago. We all don't live with the board on all day long, we have to sleep sometimes.

I like the look. I'm just upset that you got your bodies painted and I had mine longer and they still aren't masked yet.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I rike it a rot. :lol:
In all seriousness, I do like it.
Not sure the color of flames are my taste, but hey - it ain't mine so if you like it, that's all that matters.
That body makes me think of redrustbuckets primer/beater job.
I'm jealous, I really need to start using my airbrush.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I'm sorry dave, but I don't like it :(
I really don't want to sound harsh, so here goes...
The teal/black are more conflicting than contrasting. I'm not sure if I'd be saying this if the flames were absent but that's how it looks to me. Maybe a lighter colour than the black would have been better. Then using the black to trim the 2-tone to bridge the colours. I know black goes with everything but the black is too dominant and takes away form the paint sceme.

Maybe if you had used a darker shade of teal :???:
Or even orange flames rather than flo. yellow.

I hope I made sense and didn't offend. I actually wanted to comment yesterday, but I didn't want the first comment to be a bad one :(

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:I'm sorry dave, but I don't like it :(
I really don't want to sound harsh, so here goes...
The teal/black are more conflicting than contrasting. I'm not sure if I'd be saying this if the flames were absent but that's how it looks to me. Maybe a lighter colour than the black would have been better. Then using the black to trim the 2-tone to bridge the colours. I know black goes with everything but the black is too dominant and takes away form the paint sceme.

Maybe if you had used a darker shade of teal :???:
Or even orange flames rather than flo. yellow.

I hope I made sense and didn't offend. I actually wanted to comment yesterday, but I didn't want the first comment to be a bad one :(

Maxx
Don't worry, you didn't offend, because honestly, your modern/tuner type taste are not my own. So I don't expect you to like my old school hot rod influences.

The teal and black work for me. Why? Because I've seen it done on 1:1 trucks like this. Like anyone else I just copy things I see that I like. The Teal should have been a shade darker, but give me a break, its the first time I tried it. You never know what colors are gonna look like after they've been backed up by another color. The flames may have been a bit much, but that's ok, because it makes it mine.

Yay comments. :-D
I guess things moves slower around here lately. I've just always been used to waking up in the morning to at least some kind of comment on my work. Any comments are welcome. I know its kinda the same ol' same ol' for me, but give me a break, I'm just starting out with the airbrush, and I don't want to get too adventurous just yet. I've still got issues I need to work out. I'm doing fine on paper, but whenever I go to do it on the body it seems like I can't get smaller amounts of paint to flow, but then with such a light yellow its really hard to see it on a clear body, until you back it with a color. I don't know, I had high hopes for the airbrush, and now I'm just getting frustrated with it. (I think Superfly jinxed me.) I had to throw away all my rattle cans because I was too tempted to use them, but then I cracked. I backed this one up with a can of Pactra white. It was soo much easier that now I'm thinking of going mostly rattle can, and just airbrushing parts.
crazydave's Gallery
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

crazydave wrote:Don't worry, you didn't offend, because honestly, your modern/tuner type taste are not my own. So I don't expect you to like my old school hot rod influences.
I guess you're right, I don't even get the whole Vdubb Baja craze :?. I'm cursed by youth and being a non-american :lol:

But hang in there with the airbrush, trying to fuse the 2 methods might be a very good idea. You guys kept me going, I'd hate to see you give up (some pressure for ya :twisted: ).
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

to me, flame work has always inspired to make a car look like it was screamin' along even when it stood still. and this definately hits the spot! lol...

very nice dave. :-o
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

I like it, reminds me of a hot rod
Old and retired!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I totaly missed this post CD I got to say I love the looks of that body and your paint job is great! I as you know am an old School kinda guy and like the way that whole body came out!

I like the teal color the best is that a Pactra product? Looks like I am going to have to get some airbrush pointers from ya I just started hooking mine all up!

Great Work man!!! :-o :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

steelwoolghandi wrote:I totaly missed this post CD I got to say I love the looks of that body and your paint job is great! I as you know am an old School kinda guy and like the way that whole body came out!

I like the teal color the best is that a Pactra product? Looks like I am going to have to get some airbrush pointers from ya I just started hooking mine all up!

Great Work man!!! :-o :-o
Thanks man, and the Teal is Parma, so far I've only used Parma paints in my airbrush.

I actually stripped this body back to clear, just haven't had a chance to repaint it.
crazydave's Gallery