Dodge Ram M18MT

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Clint
bitPimp

Dodge Ram M18MT

Post by Clint »

and she's a done. all paint..no decals.
Really, REALLY lovin' the airbrush. :-D
(and tamiya mask tape..this stuff is wonderful)

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Great job on the paint. :-o

Now we gotta see some mud and dirt.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Amazing Paint!! The masking job must have been a compleate pain in the arse, but its all paid off!!!

Im also digging the Micro T!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Dodge Ram M18MT

Post by crazydave »

Clint wrote:and she's a done. all paint..no decals.
Really, REALLY lovin' the airbrush. :-D
(and tamiya mask tape..this stuff is wonderful)
Looks awesome, and its totally unique and original. I can appreciate the fact that you didn't use decals. :-o

That's interesting, I'm really really hatin' the airbrush. I can cut a paint mask, but then when I'm done, I'm scared to death I just wasted my time, because the airbrush will flake on me, and I'm so tempted to grab a rattle can, except I threw those away to avoid actually using them. :lol:

And I didn't like that Tamiya tape. Its super thin, and that's great, but it doesn't have quite enough stick for me, kept lifting up in spots, and it absolutely refuses to form to contours. 3M tape has a bit of stretch to it. The Tamiya stuff also doesn't like to cut unless I got it on glass. When I have to trim off a piece inside the body, it'd rather tear than cut, unless I dig the blade into the body. I'm in love with sheets of Parma masking film. Being in sheets lets me draw out my whole graphic. Its thin, cuts great, with really clean lines, and its super stretchy vinyl. It also comes with a strip of lift off tape, that makes it easy to transfer intricate designs. Only problem is my LHS refuses to carry it, because the owner don't use it to paint, he uses liquid mask. Well I'm not gonna special order a sheet of masking film, so his loss. I noticed its made by Avery, so I gotta be able to buy it bulk somewhere.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Haha. Was so excited about finishing, i forgot all about removing the window masks and overspray film. :-D

Crazy, all the design type masking was done with vinyl airbrush frisket(sounds like it's similar to your Parma film). The tamiya tape was used for the straight stuff(agree it doesnt like to stretch much) and blue 3m was used to protect large areas. The skull and ghosts
were done with some artool templates i picked up at the AB class.

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Looks a lot better without the window mask and overspray film. :lol:

We did see the talgate before, I really dig that. :-o

Clint wrote:Crazy, all the design type masking was done with vinyl airbrush frisket(sounds like it's similar to your Parma film). The tamiya tape was used for the straight stuff(agree it doesnt like to stretch much) and blue 3m was used to protect large areas. The skull and ghosts
were done with some artool templates i picked up at the AB class.
Sounds like we mask our bodies exactly the same way. 8-)

I should look into those templates. I prefer to cut things myself, but man that would make life easier sometimes. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

very original paint job, very nice mix of styles :-o