He said he wanted Green

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Wow, that is sick. It looks totally factory. I honestly thought the first picture was some "before" shot of an off-the-shelf race body. Is that a lexan body? I assume so from your description of putting the green on last. Are the decals on the outside or the inside?

What are you using for your air source with the airbrush? Sounds like it's giving you a lot of hassles, and I've never encountered that much trouble from the brush itself. My trouble usually has to do with particular paints, my compressor, or from lazy maintenance on my part.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks Superfly, I love that factory comment. Since I was copying the real car, that was pretty much the goal.

I've got my airbrushed fixed real good like. I've been meaning to post about that, could help someone else out. But since you asked, I'm using a Model Master 1/8hp compressor. I've got the regulator, water trap, and all that stuff. Decent setup. I'm happy.

EDIT: Here's the problem, and how I fixed it.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=9262

And to answer your question, yep, you paint from th einside, and the decals are on the outside.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:Thanks Superfly, I love that factory comment. Since I was copying the real car, that was pretty much the goal.
...and you did one hell of a fucking awesome job on it!!!!!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o

I just got home from work and I'm still staring at it and the truck body too. :shock:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you know them pics in the rc mags of weedy little asian dudes standing next to an 8ft trophy and 2 random babes, holding their winning car?

i can totally see this body in one of them pics :-o

dave, it's great to see you pumping out stuff you always knew you could do but never tried, for whatever reason. life must be good right now :-)
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:dave, it's great to see you pumping out stuff you always knew you could do but never tried, for whatever reason. life must be good right now :-)
Thanks betty, that reads into me so much its scary. Its almost embarrassing to admit I have esteem issues and I'm scared to death of failure, but I woke up one day, and said I hate my life I need to be the person I want to be. Since I've got my airbrush, I've really been pushing myself, and I"ve been on an emotional rollercoaster. One day believing anything's possible, the next thinking I'm a fucking loser that fails at everything he does.

And I gotta tell all you guys, its been all the great support and positive feedback that I've gotton here over the years that's given me the balls to believe I'm worth something. Thanks.
crazydave's Gallery
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

crazydave wrote:Its almost embarrassing to admit I have esteem issues and I'm scared to death of failure, but I woke up one day, and said I hate my life I need to be the person I want to be. Since I've got my airbrush, I've really been pushing myself, and I"ve been on an emotional rollercoaster. One day believing anything's possible, the next thinking I'm a fucking loser that fails at everything he does.

And I gotta tell all you guys, its been all the great support and positive feedback that I've gotton here over the years that's given me the balls to believe I'm worth something. Thanks.
You are worth something man even without the airbrush! You did one Fantastic job on that body with all the airbrush problems I would have probably just said the hell with it and rattle can'ed it but you kept on and put our a great looking paint job. I am with everyone else on this you did a factory looking job on that body and I could so see that in an HPI Catalog!

your work has always been great but now with the airbrush I have to say it blowing me away now I want to work with my airbrush so you inspire also. :-o :-o :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

steelwoolghandi wrote: your work has always been great but now with the airbrush I have to say it blowing me away now I want to work with my airbrush so you inspire also. :-o :-o :-o
I love to inspire people, its a great feeling. :-o

I've noticed a few of us getting into airbrushing around the same time, its cool we can learn together. 8-)
crazydave's Gallery