He said he wanted Green

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

He said he wanted Green

Post by crazydave »

Now who would I be painting a body for, that would insist on Green? :???:
I let you guys figure that out.

So here's the story. Its a Tamiya TG10 Raybrig NSX. I wanted to stick to a race theme, but wanted to work some flames in there, and make it crazydave-ish. When I saw the real car it was basically what I already planned, so I stuck with that, but you know, green. This was a tricky paint job to mask, because I haven't done many graphic that wrap all the way around, and because I was copying a real scheme, so it had to match, and line up right. I spent about 16 hours drawing, cutting and placing paint mask. I used some vinyl Parma masking film on the hood, because of all the texture from the vents, and on the flatter areas, I used Tamiya masking tape.

If you guys seen my post over in the paint forum you'll know I've been having issues with my airbrush. So after all that work, I was nervous to start painting. I put it off for a few days, then finally worked up the courage. I always practice on posterboard before I hit the body, and the black was laying pretty good. Not as good as I had it, but good enough for what I was gonna do. Then when I went to hit the body, it started pulling it stop/start stuttering shit again. I got black everywhere, and there was no pure white. I wiped some out, and thought it looked alot better, but when I laid the white I saw black speckles every where, the shading ended rather abrubtly in spots, and there was a a thumb smudge. I was so pissed. I wanted to throw my airbrush away, instead, I smacked some RCs around. After gathering myself, I trudged on, I went over my airbrush again, and discovered that amonia seems to disolve teflon tape, and my head assembly was leaking again. So I have to redo that after every color, until I get a hold of some beeswax ro seal it. I shaded in the blue on the graphics, and the airbrush was working wonderfully again. Almost made up for the other crap. Almost. Then when I laid the Pearl Key Lime, it just jumped out, and looked gorgeous beind the blue shading. Now I am satisfied, and so's SG. :-o

So all said and done, I think it looks really good, and my problems were rather insigficant. I gotta get over this perfection thing. Its good to strive for, but it can't be the end all, life or death thing.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That thing is sick looking!
1000+ post of BS.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Super Green coming in on lap 219.

Hey! lol his name is on the side of the car :lol:, not much of a guessing game now is it?

I love it, needless to say that he will too.

You be careful with that perfection thing, causes grey hairs :grin:
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Damn right I'm satisfied!! :-D

You did a great job! :-o

Can't wait to see it in person.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Damn Dave.... That thing is sweet looking. Great job all around.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

:bowdown:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. Dare I say it looks better in person? We'll let SG be the judge of that, but I think it does.
crazydave's Gallery
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Jesus that is some seriously sexy paint. That is probably one of the top 5 paint jobs I've ever seen.

You up for a micro-t body? PM me if you want.

-JNY
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wow, you obviously have more pactience than I do, great work.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I can't quit looking at the pics! :wobble: :lol:
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Thats a sick looking machine. :eek:

instead of beeswax, maybe try rubbing the needle with medea superlube. I've been having good luck with that stuff and the teflon seals.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Wow, you obviously have more pactience than I do, great work.
Not really. I threw a big crybaby temper tantrum, just like I keep yelling at my 7yo not to do when things don't his way. Patience does not run in my family. :???:

I do go on a vendettas when I get pissed. If something pisses me off, I will get the last word, and this one pissed me off, so... :lol:
clint wrote: instead of beeswax, maybe try rubbing the needle with medea superlube. I've been having good luck with that stuff and the teflon seals.
Got a hook up on that?
crazydave's Gallery
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

crazydave wrote:
clint wrote: instead of beeswax, maybe try rubbing the needle with medea superlube. I've been having good luck with that stuff and the teflon seals.
Got a hook up on that?
a tube came with my AB..but it seems pretty cheap anywhere online.
http://www.utrechtart.com/dsp_view_prod ... item=95061

i use it everytime i'm ready to store the ab and between dark->light color changes. on the needle, trigger mechanism and nozzle.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I'm glad you guys have a clue with the fangled airbrushs. :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Clint wrote:
crazydave wrote:
Got a hook up on that?
a tube came with my AB..but it seems pretty cheap anywhere online.
http://www.utrechtart.com/dsp_view_prod ... item=95061

i use it everytime i'm ready to store the ab and between dark->light color changes. on the needle, trigger mechanism and nozzle.
Apply in the needle cap and along the needle to enhance paint flow and prevent tip drying.
Tip drying, is that when the paint clots up on the tip? Cause I have that problem a lot. Definately gotta pick up some super lube. :-o
crazydave's Gallery