The new lid has just arrived

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

The new lid has just arrived

Post by Murdoch »

So about three weeks ago, I placed an order at the LHS for a suzuki escudo body... and it arrived today! I plan to run this at the regional import car show in the drift class. Just the size of the rear wing blew me away.

Right now it's sitting in the bag calling me to paint it up in a wild scheme, but I have a few ideas but I want to suss them out first. As far as I know, I'm the only one in the city with this lid.

the dudes are gonna be floored when I pull this out. I'll update this thread with progress pics as time allows.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

If your not up to paint it....

May I recommend...

Crazydave does one hell of a job on bodies!! He just did one up for me, for a "special" project I'm working on. Plus he has done several others for different BP Pimps. http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=9234

Either way the Suzuki Escudo is a killer body!! :cool:
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Somehow I doubt he can get the body painted and sent back in time. I'm looking at a little over two weeks to get this done. pretty tight deadline for me, but doable.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:Somehow I doubt he can get the body painted and sent back in time. I'm looking at a little over two weeks to get this done. pretty tight deadline for me.

Hey Dave.. how fast can you get a candy blue rattle can sent out?
:lol: Thanks for the plug SG.

Welp, I've got projects lined up, but the only body I actually have in my possesion ready to paint is SGs, and he's giving me some time on that. So I suppose if you just want something simple I could squeeze you in there. Seriously, its kinda tight, but I can knock out a simple 2 tone flame job in a few hours. Its just taking me longer with paint jobs like SGs because I'm trying to learn new things while I'm at it.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

I'll see what I can come up with. What I want is a drifter look.

what are your rates?
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Hey, I've seen what you've done for years, and looking at the page you set up for your gallery, with it all in one place, I can't help but to give you a plug. :cool:

You got time to paint mine whenever, if you get the chance to paint Murdoch's lexan, go for it. :-o

I'd love to see a killer Escudo!!!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

okay.. seeing as it's the seventh at the time of writing this, can you have it back here by the 20th?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Here, I'll take this behind the scene, and we'll see if we can hash this out. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

The deadline proved to be too tight, and I couldn't get it prepped in time.

so now I'm doin the prepwork at the time of this posting, and it's looking absolutely killer.

The sketched out design is proving to be tough to lay down but that only means it'll kick some serious ass.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Masked!

Color scheme will be candy blue and white.. and the candy blue is going on first.

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Make sure you trim the white bits in black. Then busy it up with lots of sponsors, any of your drift buddies got spare decals left over from their shells?

Rims....white speedway pal 37Rs :twisted:

The blue lines I'm imagining make it look really aggressive

Nice masking :-o
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

This thing came with a shitload of sponsor decals, so I'll be using them. Some are inside larger decals that HPI intended to go on the shell.

I have some 6mm offset HPI TE37's inbound, which are pretty much the same thing as the speedway pal's.. and yes they will be white.

On the massive hood scoop, I'll be sticking the local driftclub graphic (replaces the big CF decal), and having it painted black. I'll also cut out the front part because it will add to the cooling aspect. Them drift motors get hot.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I really like the looks of that Suzuki Escudo, looks like one of the pikes peak hillclimb cars. I can't wait to see some paint squirted!!!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

frizzen wrote:I really like the looks of that Suzuki Escudo, looks like one of the pikes peak hillclimb cars. I can't wait to see some paint squirted!!!
It is ;)
Here's the new vitara
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

How much power does that thing have? :shock: