The Hobbit Hole has a Pro-T100 now (updated 6-28-2007)

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

The Hobbit Hole has a Pro-T100 now (updated 6-28-2007)

Post by BilboBaggins »

I've been working on the Pro-Pulse T100 and did some work to the wife's B100 too.

I put on the slick (yeah right slicks, don't make me laugh) tires and used Losi body clips with a 90 degree bend to attach the body.

But it's it's under the body that the changes are apparent.

I relocated the speed control and receiver. I put the speed control between the motor and the servo (in the spot where the saddle part of the battery would go if I was using the dual motor setup.) I added a 3racing mount for the longer antenna tube (Trinity I think.) I also added Deans connectors to the 1400mah battery and the motor, shortening the wires in the process. I also made an adapter so I can charge the deans plugged batteries on my Prophet Plus LCD charger.

The Receiver was moved over to hang off on the battery side of the upper chassis brace.

But I had to notch the battery hold down for easier removal. I reinforced it with a piece of styrene. See the white line on the hold down.

I think the shortened wires neatens up the truck and putting the speed control on the chassis instead of the upper brace should lower the CG.

I'll be changing the fugly body soon (Either the Proline Hummer SUT or a stadium truck body if I change the position of the rear body mounts closer together.)

I didn't take pictures of the wife's buggy but I put a standard HPI mini plug on her battery and ESC so she can use her batteries from her Vendetta and Mini Quake in her Pro-Pulse. The added benefit is that she can charge the batteries on her charger.
Last edited by BilboBaggins on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That is awesome nice work. I wish I could have gotten one.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:That is awesome nice work. I wish I could have gotten one.
Yes you should have.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Slot cars :( damn the addiction.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:Slot cars :( damn the addiction.
I had that addiction years ago. I was only cured when the track by me closed.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Well I had it on the track last night. With the "SLICK" tires I was running nearly as fast as my RC18T which I've been adjusting for a few months to get up to speed. I think after I install the titanium tie-rods and change the shock springs and ride height I may get it to a point where I can race it too.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

The Hobbit Hole has a Pro-T100 now (update 6-28-2007)

Post by BilboBaggins »

I finally finished the new body for my little Pro-Pulse.

I had a few problems with it during detailing but it looks OK.

The original plan was to use some old water slide decals I had sitting around but decade old decals didn't stick like I wanted.

The first couple of shots is before I went crazy with the decals.

I mixed a dot of black with the red to make the darker hue. It was intended to use some old decals, Black Flag Insect Repellent. While putting the decals one they didn't want to stay down. I've used these on lexan bodies before and didn't have a problem but after a decade (probably longer) the glue didn't hold. The numbers are from a newer set of decals I had.

So I went through the decal/sticker bag and found something I thought would look good. Raybestos Brakes

But then another problem, the word Raybestos for the hood decal was red. I didn't think it would look good against the darker red. So I pulled out some yellow film (covering for RC airplanes I used on slot cars years ago) and make an oval to be the background of the decal.

Hope you like.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

:-o I like the 2-tone look. So, is that the Proline H2O body originally for the mini-t?
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

ibjamn wrote::-o I like the 2-tone look. So, is that the Proline H2O body originally for the mini-t?
Yes, it's the ProLine (Hence the ProLine decals on it :-) ) Hummer SUT for the Mini T. I had to trim the rear of the rear wheel wells slightly to allow the rear suspension unrestricted full travel.

The rear mounts on on the highest setting and the fronts one below highest. I put strapping tape under the body to reinforce the mounting holes (and stop me from scratching the paint when mounting the body. :-D )

While on the ground the top of this body is actually lower than the fugly stock body.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

ibjamn wrote::-o I like the 2-tone look. So, is that the Proline H2O body originally for the mini-t?
Actually, I think I had a brainfart. The body I have is actually a SUV body, It came out when the mini-t took off a few years ago. It is in storage right now, or else I would take a pic of it. Now I can't remember if it was proline, or maybe Losi made. But I remember it was called the H2O. It was on the market when the first baja beetle body was released.
It actually looks more like the H3 because they molded the fender areas a bit wider than the body lines.

I was bringing this up because your body looked better than mine, and I thought there was hope for me yet. :-o :lol:
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

ibjamn wrote:Actually, I think I had a brainfart. The body I have is actually a SUV body, It came out when the mini-t took off a few years ago. It is in storage right now, or else I would take a pic of it. Now I can't remember if it was proline, or maybe Losi made. But I remember it was called the H2O. It was on the market when the first baja beetle body was released.
It actually looks more like the H3 because they molded the fender areas a bit wider than the body lines.
Losi makes the full Hummer SUV body called the H2O.

ibjamn wrote:I was bringing this up because your body looked better than mine, and I thought there was hope for me yet. :-o :lol:
Let's see yours so everyone here can vote on which looks better.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Mine is still clear and unused. It came with the used mini-t I bought a while back.
I think I ran the mini-t twice, then put it away. It was too slow.

I was thinking of using it for a mini crawler. Mini-t tranny, SSMT axles, and custom chassis.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

ibjamn wrote:Mine is still clear and unused. It came with the used mini-t I bought a while back.
You have to put in the 7.2v battery at least, the 4 alkalines are not enough. I was tunning mine on the track with the alkalines and I didn't let off all the way around the track.
ibjamn wrote:I was thinking of using it for a mini crawler. Mini-t tranny, SSMT axles, and custom chassis.
Now that would be cool with the Hummer body.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

What about a micro-t tranny with ssmt axles?
1000+ post of BS.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

ibjamn wrote:Mine is still clear and unused. It came with the used mini-t I bought a while back.

I was thinking of using it for a mini crawler. Mini-t tranny, SSMT axles, and custom chassis.
If you decide to do something with that Mini T let me know!! or at least the body!

Bilbo I like the Two Tone look also the decals look good (dont like the one on the hood but thats me) I love the overall looks of that Hummer though! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: