Mustang Evo project

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Mustang Evo project

Post by jordanQ »

well my whole fucking post just got erased because my dumbass computer crashed, and yeah it was about a page long. so when i have gotten it all wrote out again i will edit this, but here are pics of my project car, it has a broken front knuckle, but i ordered one off ebay, i put some slicks too. Here you go. Thanks for looking

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jorda ... 003qm3.jpg

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jorda ... 002hv4.jpg

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jorda ... 005qu7.jpg

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jorda ... 006vu2.jpg
frizzen is a friend of mine
Teppudama
bitHood

Post by Teppudama »

Those are some big slicks! You leaving it rear wheel drive, or are you adding the AWD kit? What motor are you planning?
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

I want to leave it RWD but the way its sliding now, i might have to buy the AWD kit. I think i'll just buy some "Turbo" cap's and put those on the stage 2 motor. I'd also like to paint it, probably lime green you know, like some pieces of the chassis? Anyways, i want to lock the differential, and maybe some visual mods too.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

jordanQ wrote:I want to leave it RWD but the way its sliding now, i might have to buy the AWD kit. I think i'll just buy some "Turbo" cap's and put those on the stage 2 motor.
Don't. just don't. it's a waste of time and effort.

a "turbo" cap does nothing but add weight. For any kind of boost, put the capacitor on the battery side.
Drifter39
bitHood

Post by Drifter39 »

I Recommend the all wheel drive kit, I installed it on my Infinity G35, and WOW what a difference. The car is quicker and more responsive, especially when cornering. Just leave your afternoon free when installing it. It takes a little bit to install.

I got the stage 2 motor kit, just havent installed it yet, I was thinking about going with the six cell mod that seems to be so popular. But I dont know if it really does increase the speed of the car or not. Anybody here try the six cell mod?
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Murdoch wrote:
jordanQ wrote:I want to leave it RWD but the way its sliding now, i might have to buy the AWD kit. I think i'll just buy some "Turbo" cap's and put those on the stage 2 motor.

a "turbo" cap does nothing but add weight. For any kind of boost, put the capacitor on the battery side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVO-TRUCK-AND-CAR-T ... dZViewItem

thats not good? :???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Drifter39 wrote:I Recommend the all wheel drive kit, I installed it on my Infinity G35, and WOW what a difference. The car is quicker and more responsive, especially when cornering. Just leave your afternoon free when installing it. It takes a little bit to install.

I got the stage 2 motor kit, just havent installed it yet, I was thinking about going with the six cell mod that seems to be so popular. But I dont know if it really does increase the speed of the car or not. Anybody here try the six cell mod?
More voltage is the quickest easiest way to get more speed and power, but with that speed comes extra weight, which could have a negative effect on handling. That's why those "in the know" go with FET upgrades, e-turbos, better motors, better batteries or li-po batteries, etc, first. The better idea is to make it more effecient without increasing the weight too much.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Drifter39
bitHood

Post by Drifter39 »

Cool, Thanks for the info.

I do use rechargeable NIMH batteries that are rated at 850mah. And they make a big difference over Standard AAA batteries. I think I will stay away from the six cell upgrade. I do have a stage 2 motor upgrade I can still do to it, But I'm sure there are better motors out there.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

So what do you have to say about that 'cap dave?

and congrats on the winning bit! :-o
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

jordanQ wrote:
Murdoch wrote:

Link

thats not good? :???:
That thing is a joke. Someone who was selling the same thing was exposed as a fraud in the worst way over at XMW.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

EDIT: oh and.. it's a 30 cent part at rat shack.

(board went retarded so I put the second post to good use.)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Capacitors are used on the motor to absorb voltage spikes from the motor brushes, that cause radio interference. That to me looks like a joke. That guy needs his ass kicked, or at least should be kicked off of ebay.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

crazydave wrote:Capacitors are used on the motor to absorb voltage spikes from the motor brushes, that cause radio interference. That to me looks like a joke. That guy needs his ass kicked, or at least should be kicked off of ebay.
Yeah, your right CD. But a polarized electrolytic capacitor wired in parallel with the battery connectors will oppose changes in voltage. Basically smoothing out voltage fluctuations, providing power supply stability.

Turbo? :lol: Just add a cell or two, it will be cheaper and actually works. :lol:
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Alright, thanks! See this is what you guys are for! :grin:

yeah i might just have to buy another aaa holder and some clips!

alright thanks again!

:-)
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

ibjamn wrote:
crazydave wrote:Capacitors are used on the motor to absorb voltage spikes from the motor brushes, that cause radio interference. That to me looks like a joke. That guy needs his ass kicked, or at least should be kicked off of ebay.
Yeah, your right CD. But a polarized electrolytic capacitor wired in parallel with the battery connectors will oppose changes in voltage. Basically smoothing out voltage fluctuations, providing power supply stability.

Turbo? :lol: Just add a cell or two, it will be cheaper and actually works. :lol:
Not only that, they provide the sudden surge of current when you floor it.. this saves the batteries from falling flat on their face when full discharge is demanded.