Finally got a lid on the ol' Micro-T (Repainted 12-16)

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Finally got a lid on the ol' Micro-T (Repainted 12-16)

Post by crazydave »

Man, I had this car all ready to go for a while, except for one thing. The body. I painted a few bodies for other people. Finally got around to this one, and had issues with chunks of paint lifting off. I realize now its that Blue flip flop stuff, every time I use it I have issues, gotta let it dry longer. So I left it for dead, picked back up 3 weeks later, and tried my best to finish it up nice, to distract from the nasty touch ups. Everything else went well. Especially considering this is the first time I tried to airbrush a grill and headlights, and 1/36th is not a good scale to practice new things.

Last edited by crazydave on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

It looks good man. Myself, I wouldn't want to do too much detail on painting that small stuff with an airbrush. I had alot off issues doing just 1/10 bodies. :lol:
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Your really good with an airbrush and that body would look good for 1/18th scale, but its 1/36th :shock: :shock: .
1000+ post of BS.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

ibjamn wrote:It looks good man. Myself, I wouldn't want to do too much detail on painting that small stuff with an airbrush. I had alot off issues doing just 1/10 bodies. :lol:
God yea.. I can barely even use an airbrush correctly on 1/28ths. Absolutely crazy work!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. I think I'm still a little sloppy with the airbrush, but I can cut a paint mask. :-o

I just keep laying things heavier than I mean to. I think because its clear, and I'm usually looking in the light. Sometimes I do 1 or 2 nice passes, think it looks light, and go for one more, and its always a little bit too much. I'm gonna try painting over a white piece of paper next time. That should help some, but a lot of time it just looks uneven and I have to even it out.
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Got some new white wheels, and had to paint the body to match. I like this one a lot better.

crazydave's Gallery
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

looks great... definitely diggin' the white wheels. The mirrored Losi logo is a sweet touch, too. :-o
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Wow! That looks good! Nice work CD.
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, the white wheels make a big difference. Looking good.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Looking great man I like the Losi and the white wheels look great! I tried to find white wheels for mine but chrome were all I could find?

Great choice in colors too!!!! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. I'm definitely digging on the white wheels myself. :-o

SWG, I didn't know they were hard to find, I just stumbled across them when I was ordering parts to make the Micro-B conversion. :lol:

Horizon usually has all the parts in stock, since they're the distributer.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB1526
crazydave's Gallery