Axial AX10 Scorpion

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Axial AX10 Scorpion

Post by frizzen »

On September 1, I picked up an AX10 Scorpion from a LHS, got it built within a day excluding parts I still needed. VERY sweet kit. Tire foams stink like you wouldn't believe!!! Very capible out of the box

Radio - Traxxas TQ3 TX/RX
Steering - HiTec HS-645MG
ESC - Mtroniks Viper RV-15
Motor - Integy 55t single
Battery - 6 cell 2/3 A packs, or Sub-C packs
Deans Ultra

Painted the rims argent, narrowed the tire foams, switched from Axial body clips to Traxxas, and several other little things like that.

I finally painted the body Thursday, so it's picture time! (Flour. Blue and Indy Silver) My first lexan body.

Even with the NON-sticky rock lizards, I'm amazed at how well this climbs!
Last edited by frizzen on Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Sweet. The rims look cool painted... it's refreshing to not see the usual black... some blue rings would be killer on there(imho).

No weight in the wheels yet?
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Thanks man, I didn't want to have the EXACT SAME truck everyone else has.... Black rims, Green anodized, and a B17 body that's mostly green. I like green, but I don't want to ever set my rig down next to someone and have to wonder which is mine. Plus those are alloy-style rims, so I think they just look better silver than black.

My rims have vent holes drilled, I haven't thrown any wheel weights in yet as I want to learn to do more with less, and upgrading more once I've improved my skills. I think I should learn how to make it work before I build a monster that will tackle anything without even trying. I only narrowed stock foams and didn't even cut any pattern in them yet.

I'm going to pick up another set of plastic rims (would rather a Steelie look than Alloy look), blue rock rings, hopefully throw in some KreepyKrawler foams, and mount up a set of probably either: Mashers, Moabs, Rock Claws. Then maybe some of the aluminum axle upgrades and CVDs...
-
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Frizzen that old school truck body really kicks some Arse' Great use of colors I even like it with the green I think it works. I think blue would look better in the chassis and bring it all together but I would not get rid of all the green!

Some great painting work there man you have the Gift! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Looks good. You know I'm a sucker for Blue. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

THanks for the compliments, I'm amazed the paint came out as well as it did. My first lexan body, no idea how to shoot a Kandy in reverse, and doing it near sunset.

I'm also thinking of doing up a couple more bodies. Since it's a 2.2 Comp Crawler I've got to get a Type 1 VW body even though I always loved those, then I want to get one of the VW WaterBug bodies because I've got the perfect paint scheme in mind, then some kind of an 70's-80's trail-beater looking body.

I tried the Simple Green traction compound trick. Wow it really works! Huh, the rear driveshaft yoke popped... :lol: It's like an uncontrollable Dig.
-
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Green!! :greenblob:

I gotta agree, the Simple Green does work. (not just because it's green) :-o

First chance you get, find a local crawling group and hit a few GTG's and comps. It's a lot of fun!

The blue rings would be great on there. Paint the rings too. The killer green would come thru when they get scratched! :lol:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I've been looking for a couple weeks, and haven't been able to find ANYTHING about any crawling groups / clubs / g2gs in Indiana. Ideally centeral indiana, like indianapolis. My search-fu is not strong, it has easily defeated me so far.
-
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

That probably gunna be my next car, the LHS here just built a rock crawling course. Those kits look so good.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Been using Simple Green for over 10 years to clean my tires... yep, it works. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I use lighter fluid to clean my tires.
1000+ post of BS.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I use lighter fluid to burn things. :lol:

I found locals! This club covers: IN, OH, KY http://www.tri-statecrawlers.com/ a couple members have tipped me off to some parks with good crawling within around 30 min drive. I knew there had to be somebody around here!
-
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Blah blah blah, hit a comp froze my ass, been tinkering, been buying parts...

Added Mashers to my silver/green rims, RockClaws on a white/black set, CKRC Stage 2 kit, saddle pack batteries, VF Dig, HS-255, Servo strecher EPA...

I don't have any more reccent pics uploaded yet, so here's one anyway. Temps were almost in the 90s (farenheit) yesterday... Image

-Edit-

Some from my first Rock Crawl Competition, uh back in January.
-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

frizzen wrote:I use lighter fluid to burn things. :lol:
Actually, Naptha, or lighter fluid is an excellent cleaner. Takes sticker gooies right off, and it's good to strip a body of oils before a paint job. I always keep a bottle around. I like to burn things too...

Sorry to bring that back up, I missed it before... So how'd you do in the comp? If I ever entered one, my goal would to not be last. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

1/20/08 - Placed 10th of 15. Got 53 points from course 1 and 2. It was my first comp. Of those that ran and passed Tech, the spread was between 4 and 68 points, 2 of the 15 failed Tech.

Still have to get a Beetle painted up, and finish securing stuff now that the Dig is mounted. Currently working on axle mounts for wmy saddle pack batteries.
-