Mini LST Bronko

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Mini LST Bronko

Post by crazydave »

When I first saw the Mini Monster Baja, I knew I had to have the wheels and tires for my MLST, but I was trying to track down a PTI Jeep body to go with them. About a month ago I noticed a tiny picture at the bottom of the Losi ad that showed this "Bronko" body. So I gave up my search for the Jeep body, and got this.

As much as I'd like to say I painted it this way because I wanted a classic look, but honestly I was in a hurry and wanted to do a quickie. It showed up yesterday, and I decided it had to be done before midnight. So I had no time for flames or graphics. It took me 5 hours to trim, paint, mount and sticker it up, I was done by 11:10. I actually really like the basic two tone thing.

I thought the tires looked like they had taller sidewalls, and wondered if they were taller or if the wheels were smaller, turns out, both. They do a have a slightly larger overall diameter, but the wheels are slightly smaller. The tires feel like the same compound as the stock tires, but the sidewalls are a hell of a lot stiffer. I think they're heavier too. I still need to see how they handle, but I'm hoping it doesn't traction roll as much.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Damn, another great classic. Dave you are make me jealous of you.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

very clean, I like it.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Classic. Very nice looking LST.
1000+ post of BS.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Very nice!

Simple and great looking! :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. I guess sometimes simple is better. I just feel l like I'm cheating or something when I don't put more effort into a paint job. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:Thanks guys. I guess sometimes simple is better. I just feel l like I'm cheating or something when I don't put more effort into a paint job. :lol:
Remember the old adage, Less is More.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Hey CD, do you think you might be kind enough to measure from fender flare to fender flare for me? I want to know if some axles I have would fit that body.
1000+ post of BS.
leftcoastminis
bitHood

Post by leftcoastminis »

looks good, :-D
a little off topic but how long have you had this truck? have you had any problems with stripped gears? I just ordered a mlst and was wondering if I should just replace the diffs before I even use it??
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

SHAUN wrote:Hey CD, do you think you might be kind enough to measure from fender flare to fender flare for me? I want to know if some axles I have would fit that body.
Hmmm...... I was thinking the same. A lexan body would be light enough for some 1/43 SSMT axles. :???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SHAUN wrote:Hey CD, do you think you might be kind enough to measure from fender flare to fender flare for me? I want to know if some axles I have would fit that body.
It varies, but it's right in the range of exactly 4".
a little off topic but how long have you had this truck? have you had any problems with stripped gears? I just ordered a mlst and was wondering if I should just replace the diffs before I even use it??
Almost 2 years and no problems with the diffs. I've worn out a set of drive-shafts, and broke a servo, but the diffs are fine, and I have 3 extra sets from when I was trying to get them to send me wheel hexes, and they kept sending me diffs.

Recently I decided to go ahead and superglue the center diff to see what happens. Its been pulling wheelies all over the carpet, and they're still holding up. Personally I think the problem is with brushless motors over 6k.
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Gave it a good bashing this weekend, or you could say I detailed it, because I think a little mud helps complete this body. Sorry the pic doesn't really capture it.

The new tires work great on all kinds of surfaces. They dug in on the dirt and mud, but weren't to grabby in the street. Just enough slip to pitch it sideways through wide sweepers. It only traction rolled once. The most fun I've had with this car, but it had to have problems. One of the Integy CVDs started to lose its pin, and that tore up the hub, which I believe led to the stripped pinion in the front gearbox. Easily fixed, but annoying.
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Mini LST Bronko

Post by crazydave »

I just saw Spottracguy's new Bronco, and thought I'd show him how mine ended up looking. Nothing major, just added a spoiler and some decals for a racier look.

crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I really like the addition, it really makes it stand out. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

the spoiler was next on my list. Looks great dave. Did you just use double sided tape or something mechanical? Also, I noticed some different tires, how do you like them in comparison to the Baja tires?
Stg