A BajeDrift WIP

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Murdoch wrote:the ENTIRE island? holy shit
Seeing that the island is only 166 sq.mi, serviced by one "LHS", it's not really that hard :-?

I'm currently trying to fab a bucket seat
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Got a slight change of heart. I think I'm going for the full-race look.
I designed a decal for the side and made a decal sheet. It's just now to get it printed before I leave so that I can finish the shell in the states.
I'm not too good with perspectives, but let me know what you think.
[more decals than pictured still to be placed]

I'm still looking for material to upholster the seat, when that's finished I'll post pics of it. I'm not sure if I'll use it cuz I can't place it properly on my chassis, we'll see.

EDIT: Decided to throw up a pic as it is right now

Maxx
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The really detailed static models use a spray that is like christmas tree flocking but finer and more permanent. You can but it in small rattle cans in different colors. It ends up looking like car seat fabric...they have leather look spray too. I'd check the "fine scale auto" mags website... I'm sure you can find more info in the forum.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Thanks for the suggestion, but all that's a little to rich for my blood :grin:
I butchered a pair of my girlfriend's black stockings :twisted:

I had to clip the right side of the seat (before covering) so that it would not interfere with the belt.
Black stockings aren't as black as I imagined, and really sheer. So, for anyone reading this, use a Du-rag. That way you can get blue "Recaro" or red "sparco" seats, or any other colour for that matter :grin: .