PicXXz Helicopter

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

fuck, typed a good long reply and hit the back button, so heres a condensed version, lol.....

Mario- stay away from him. full of shit, generally.

charging with another charger- s'far as im concerned the only good way to do it is to clip the wires to the lipo and solder in connectors. then when you need to charge you can plug directly into the charger

i think its best to use the tx charger it comes with powered from the wall, as others have said.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Has anyone succesfully converted the charging function to AC?
I know it has been conquered in theory :???:
I haven't seen anyone posting reports of successful conversions...
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

For you Aussie pimps and others in the region....
Toyeast has these heli's. Oh, and I have a new blouse :-)

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp ... =A02103302

Maxx :cool:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Nice blouse, Maxxa! :-)
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

OK, I'm pulling what's left of my hair out.

I chraged it up and I got it a foot and a half off the ground. All it does is spin the body counter-clock-wise. I hit the right trim button many times and it seems to slow the spin then speed up again, like I went too far on the adjustment.

I looked up cliff's adjustment guide but I'm still having troubles.

I'm begining to think I'm supposed to spend my rc life on the ground.

I'm going to charge the batteries again because now it won't even raise off the ground.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Make sure the tail rotor is not pushed all the way onto the motor shaft, it can cause extra friction and slow the rotor down.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

BilboBaggins wrote:OK, I'm pulling what's left of my hair out.

I chraged it up and I got it a foot and a half off the ground. All it does is spin the body counter-clock-wise. I hit the right trim button many times and it seems to slow the spin then speed up again, like I went too far on the adjustment.

I looked up cliff's adjustment guide but I'm still having troubles.

I'm begining to think I'm supposed to spend my rc life on the ground.

I'm going to charge the batteries again because now it won't even raise off the ground.
Did you use brand-new, good batteries in the controller? Sounds like what mine was doing as the batteries in the TX were wearing down and not charging the lipo well.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Clint wrote:Make sure the tail rotor is not pushed all the way onto the motor shaft, it can cause extra friction and slow the rotor down.
I'll try that one tonight when I get home from work.
SuperFly wrote:Did you use brand-new, good batteries in the controller? Sounds like what mine was doing as the batteries in the TX were wearing down and not charging the lipo well.
Fresh Energizers just purchased the pack on Friday evening, same day I got the copter. I just couldn't play with it until Sunday because of family commitments.

I'm going to charge it up again tonight. I think it was part battery in the copter running down and maybe the tail rotor being pushed too far in like clint said.

I brought the other one I picked up for my co-worker in today. I wonder how much work is going to get done on that floor today. :-D
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Looks like the Heli's are starting to hit the local stores. The status on the webpage says out-of-stock online now, but if you check for local store stock a whole bunch of places are showing up now (in my area anyway).

Only 5 days left until these $10 coupons expire! I gotta call my local store and pray they have them!!

...These damned PicooZ!!!! Now I'm looking at a bigger Heli (Honey Bee FP2) and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting that one. The Clintster and I were yappin about Helis and I THOUGHT I wanted to jump right into the Blade CP but once I calmed m'self down and started thinking coherently again, I KNOW I need to be smart and get a beginner heli to learn on first!

Hey Cabo...It might be time to create a new "Pimps In The Air" Forum! :grin:
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Namuna wrote:Looks like the Heli's are starting to hit the local stores. The status on the webpage says out-of-stock online now, but if you check for local store stock a whole bunch of places are showing up now (in my area anyway).
Only one in my area.
Namuna wrote:Only 5 days left until these $10 coupons expire! I gotta call my local store and pray they have them!!
And I only have one coupon left. :grin:
Namuna wrote:...These damned PicooZ!!!! Now I'm looking at a bigger Heli (Honey Bee FP2) and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting that one. The Clintster and I were yappin about Helis and I THOUGHT I wanted to jump right into the Blade CP but once I calmed m'self down and started thinking coherently again, I KNOW I need to be smart and get a beginner heli to learn on first!

They had a the Indoor Micro Mosquito RC Helicopter at the store I bought the PicooZ at. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $70.00 (OK $60.00 w/coupon) for it. Maybe later.
Namuna wrote:Hey Cabo...It might be time to create a new "Pimps In The Air" Forum! :grin:

Pimp Aerodrome.
High Flying Pimping.
Mile High Pimps. :eek:
Pimps in Space :-D
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

My suggestions for a new section would be:

Mile High Club

Jet Set

Pimps on a Plane!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

BilboBaggins wrote:
They had a the Indoor Micro Mosquito RC Helicopter at the store I bought the PicooZ at. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $70.00 (OK $60.00 w/coupon) for it. Maybe later.

Bought that one on line the other day. got it in and it would not get off the ground and the front motors got hot and quit so instead of sending it back for a refund (A bad Idea with Ratshack) I called the Company and sent it back to them for a replacment. They are in Canada so it will take a bit longer to get the new one back but not as long as it would take with Ratshack I did that with my first PicooZ and still not refund!

They said it was in the works so I pay right away and a refund takes a month!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Has anyone succesfully converted the charging function to AC?
I know it has been conquered in theory :???:
I haven't seen anyone posting reports of successful conversions...
I did it, it worked, then I just had to fucken redo it to neaten/shorten up the wires and whatnot, and you can guess its status now :o
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Well, I killed my first piccoooo 'copter... the wires that go to the tail rotor broke off right at the end of the carbon fiber shaft, and there's no real way to get at them to solder'em back together. It's kind of a trip... it seems like one of the few fatal blows I can see happening. It's frustrating 'cuz it should be such a simple fix... not only is it really tight inside the rod, but it's magnet wire, so it just keeps breaking off and there's nothing to grab. So, I stripped the fucker apart and will re-route new wires to the back. And I'll probably figure out a new shell for it, too... balsa wood, maybe.

I officially have my my first "project 'copter"...

Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Yup, killed my first Picoo tonight too...But this time it's the heli that's bad (brand new friggen heli I bought for the wife and the thing died after the first goddamned flight).

The problem is the Main Rotor motor all of a sudden got "gritty". If you try to spin the main rotors, there a lot of resistance (compared to my "good" heli where there's almost no reistance).

So basically I busted that bitch down to bare internals...Just like you did Hue.

I've already done the tiny drop of oil to the motor trick, but now that I've got this sucker all apart I'm going to do the CF Main Motor Rod and Ball Bearing upgrade and buy some Carbon Rod and build a frame for it.

Anybody got a close-up shot of the PCB (front and back)?? Unfortunately the rear rotor wire popped off the PCB and I don't know where that bitch goes.