PicXXz Helicopter

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

More pics:

The various scrapings and meltings of my panic session... wrecked it :lol:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I just hope mine is good, I can't return it :sad:

Did you get my PM Superfly? Better reply now I got some cash :-)

Maxx
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Anyone know what that back motor is and what it could be replaced with?

looks like hue might need one too? :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

There's been quite a bit of testing and speculation on what motors will work in the heli...But nothing confirmed yet.

Some listed possibilities were:
- SuperSlicks Motors
- ZipZaps Motors
- Certain pager motors.
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Namuna wrote:There's been quite a bit of testing and speculation on what motors will work in the heli...But nothing confirmed yet.

Some listed possibilities were:
- SuperSlicks Motors
- ZipZaps Motors
- Certain pager motors.
I imagine the trick will be balancing the two motors. I figure one of the important things that pcb is doing is regulating the power distribution to make sure the tail rotor is getting not too much or too little power to counteract the rotation of the body due to the rotation of the main rotor. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, ya know.

So if you beef up one motor, you're going to have to beef up the other, or figure out how to use the trim pots and/or aerodynamics to get stable flight.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

steelwoolghandi wrote:looks like hue might need one too? :???:
My motors are good, it's the wiring that went to hell... then I just tore it down for the photo op.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

hue35 wrote:
steelwoolghandi wrote:looks like hue might need one too? :???:
My motors are good, it's the wiring that went to hell... then I just tore it down for the photo op.
thats good my wiring went to hell on my first heli and the motor went out also so I want to re-wire it and then put in a new motor.

might just have to test a few and see what would work. the tail motors look longer and thiner then most bit motors?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

I hear that 4mm vibrator motors from pagers work for tail motr replacements.

Dang these things fly great when trimmed right....have had a ball with mine....but alas it is now grounded....

....did anyone actually get any spare tail rotors with thiers? My box was empty....anyone got a spare?....I am Jonesin' bad to fly again
R/C Crash Test Dummy
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

dogbreathracing wrote:I hear that 4mm vibrator motors from pagers work for tail motr replacements.

Dang these things fly great when trimmed right....have had a ball with mine....but alas it is now grounded....

....did anyone actually get any spare tail rotors with thiers? My box was empty....anyone got a spare?....I am Jonesin' bad to fly again
Check your box again... I don't remember exactly where, but they were taped to an inside wall of the box, in a tiny little bag. I don't think they could have hidden them much better.
Last edited by hue35 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

I did Hue, I totally untaped the inner works and opened everything up....nothing
R/C Crash Test Dummy
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Well, I'll take a look and see if I can locate mine & see what I have... my picco is also grounded. :o
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Thanks Hue....by the way, RCM and I are planning a Mall Fly soon, wanna be in? Ask Fly too.
We have found the Jantzen Beach Mall is all empty at one end, high ceiling, wide floor, could be a great indoor fly.
R/C Crash Test Dummy
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

That sounds like fun... hmm, could be a good place to see just how fast my Nelly'd Mini-Z is, too. Yeah man, keep us posted.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I definitely have some spare tail rotors, as I returned one pico already but kept the extra rotors and aluminum tape. PM me your mailing addy, DBR, and I'll drop one in the mail.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Will keep you both informed....RCM should have his Picoo's by the end of the week. Oh and the FUN thing is, where we will be flying is just down from Island Hobbies (they do BIG helis like the Raptor, should be fun to fly these right past thier front door and then send everyone down to RS instead of thier shop...LOL)

Got some tail rotors, took mine back to RS (they had two come in today) and waited while they tore through all the boxes to find them, then made them exchange it for a new one, opened and checked the box for the spares (they were there) and made them wait while I test flew it in the store (hehehehe this one actually flies BETTER than my original!)

But thanks for the get back on those....and yeah we do need to get in some Z fun too, I did change schedules and am working days now so Fri nights are free again.
R/C Crash Test Dummy