My first heli: Blade CX2

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

My first heli: Blade CX2

Post by crazydave »

I was watching a couple of the guys that work in Hobbytown fly their $2500+ helis. It really was very exciting to watch. Now I've decided I need a heli. So my friend hooked me up with his old heli. The body is a little cracked up, but he upgraded the post thingys to aluminum. I'm lost when it come to helicopter terminology. lol

Flying helicopters is hard! I guess I'll need some practice.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Tana
bitGangsta'

Re: My first heli: Blade CX2

Post by Tana »

It will almost fly itself!
Old and retired!
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

I don't know how many times i have to reference this site, but check out the heli section here..

Here's a Walkera brand CX2 clone:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ransmitter

And their products page for "all helicopters" sorted highest price first. (You'll be surprised to find they have a $20 T-rex 450 clone kit...)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... sortlist=P

The $2500 helicopters you drool over will cost you about $600 from Hong Kong.
Whack!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

from all the research i've read up on, if you want to go coax, grab a lama3. it's a single motor coax. don't have to worry about a left or right motor burning out. that's a bonus right there.

and if you want a single rotor that flies just like a coax, that's a CB180Z. 45 degree flybar, shaft drive tail and fixed pitch.
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

Nasphere wrote:I don't know how many times i have to reference this site, but check out the heli section here..

Here's a Walkera brand CX2 clone:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ransmitter

And their products page for "all helicopters" sorted highest price first. (You'll be surprised to find they have a $20 T-rex 450 clone kit...)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... sortlist=P

The $2500 helicopters you drool over will cost you about $600 from Hong Kong.
:shock: :eek: Holy shit some of these with tons, well,... not tons. of aluminum. I have heard some bad comments on the Walkera branded stuff.
Old and retired!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

so have i. but it seems the new models like the ufly and later, are getting nothing but positive comments.

walkera's really stepped up their game.

and now that walkera's made a three axis gyro receiver, you can run your micros flybarless. which is awesome.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

Well to be honest I wouldn't touch the majority of walkera's stuff because they seem to like proprietary things like radio links and all in one gyros to where it's impossible to upgrade unless you buy all new electronics. I'd really really criticize something from them before I'd buy.

HK (hobbyking) branded helicopters are extremely good though. Almost always T-rex compatible with all the parts, cheap aluminum and carbon upgrades, cheap brushless upgrades, all in one kits, ect. They really created a great product line with the HK helicopters IMO.
Whack!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

true, but i think you'd be buying your own electronics regardless.

and according to this thread, you can drop in an AR6300 and be done with it.