Video: Small Helicopter

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

I've been hooked on this expensive ass hobby for about 3 months, and it'll drain your bank account if you don't say "no" to more helicopters and other toys... I'm like a grand into it... it's nuts!! Bought an Eclipse 7 transmitter $200 (shown in the pic below)... Rotofly helicopter $220 (shown in the pic below)... Sabre helicopter $150... Spin Blade helicopter $60... Random micro airplanes $90... Random micro electronics and li-po batteries $160-ish... Smart charger $85... Random repairs $80... And the shit's still coming in!! I can't fuckin stop!

And I have great news! I finally graduated!!! Took the training gear off the rotofly!!! I can fly comfortably without tipping it all the time.

Next comes the brushless indoor 3D copter $$$ :grin:
Whack!
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Listen to what Nas said.. Indoor flight is NOT something you want to get in to. I only spent about 2-3 weeks, earlier in the year, in Living Room Flight(airplanes) and I spent something like $450 to $500. Helis have cost me about $150 in the past week. I dont want to know what the total is, lol. Then I talk to poor bastards like Nasphered and get them hooked on indoor/micro flight.. lol..
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Thanks for the warning. Seriously. I know exactly what you're talking about, as I've done the same thing with bits, xmods, and mini-z. I've also done it with guitar/music gear, ski gear, 1:1 car stuff, iPod, etc.

Indoor flight seems cool as hell, and I know if I even got a taste it would cost me thousands of dollars. I have a pretty small house, so that helps keep me convinced not to check it out. I do, however, have a completely open, 1600sf loft with 13' ceilings for an office.

Did either of you get good results with fixed-wing crafts?