ah done seen me ah ufo!! with vid

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
betty.k
bitPimp

ah done seen me ah ufo!! with vid

Post by betty.k »

en ah got pikchures! :cowboy:

had me one of them birthdays recently and a couple of friends, knowing i liked toys, gave me an rc ufo! :eek:

it's something i wouldn't have normally bought myself but now i've got it i can't stop using it! it has 5 steps of propo and fully charged it can climb fairly quickly, say 1 metre per second. when i got it it was a dead still night so i took it outside and could get it to maintain a nice hover at about 20 - 25 metres. i could hear my neighbours come outside to look! :lol:
it has 2 led's, 1 red that comes on with the motor and 1 that cascades from red - blue - green! so in flight, in the dark it looks amazing! sounds like a cross between a heli and a ufo too!

it's pretty durable too, i've had it drop from 15 metres onto concrete and banged into everything in the garden and so far the only damage is cosmetic!

under the hood is a motor same size as a mini z servo motor and it's powered by a 6v 120mah nimh pack (5x 1/3 aaa's). it comes with a launch pad that doubles as a mobile charger (needs 8 x c cells!) and also a plug pack for indoor charging. there's a little 6v regulator included that is required for charging, which ever method you choose. with the included charger, it takes around 15 minutes to charge and runtime is a little over 5 minutes. i'm getting slightly better runtimes and performance using my swallow charger but not by much.

so far only mods done is better tx aerial and i unwrapped the rx aerial. i'm thinking a couple of lipo will liven this thing up! more voltage + less weight = :smile:

so if you see a cheap one or can fit one in your next hong kong order then you'll be happy you got one, trust me!
:cool:

Last edited by betty.k on Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
i used to be cool
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Damn im kicking myself in the ass now i just saw that exact ufo in a store the other day but didnt pick it up.

Definetly lipo that thing and let us know how it goes.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yup, I saw one of them too and thought there was no way it could be as cool as it looked. Maybe I was wrong.
I'd like to see a video of it in action.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Ditto, guys.

I always see them, and think to myself, "how much fun can just up and down be?"
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

ditto here too! :lol:

like i said, i never would have bought one myself either, but i can't stop using it! it only takes about 15 minutes of use before you become a master at it.
i'm confident enough to fly it inside now, the cats fuckin hate it! :lol:
i used to be cool
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Ah now I could have some fun with my neighbor, she’s kind of the worrying Gladys Cravats type. Never really got over the world not ending in 2000, maybe seeing one would cheer her up.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

My neice got one for christmas last year... They are cool, and you can steer em too.

Not so durable though. :-(

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

got some vid. the central heating was on so no endurance flights, kept crashing, but you get the idea :-)
http://home.iprimus.com.au/cjleary/ufo.wmv
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Dude, I think I want one. That looks pretty fun.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

nice vid! i want one now. that bedroom looks like mine....shit all over the place
[]D [] []V[] []D
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Good job filming and flying. :grin:
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

payaso wrote:They are cool, and you can steer em too.
That was gonna be my question... so, how does the steering work, and how much control do you have over these things? They look cool as hell.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

The steering on my neices was activayed by a sort of mercury switch in the Tx.

It's like a pistol grip Tx, and if you hold it straight up, it'll fly straight up.. You go tilting the Tx to the left or right, and the thing flies to that direction.

I guess it's a sensor, and it cuts/turns shit on/off. Cheesy, but effective... My neices lasted all of about 6-7 hours, and the steering was gone.. Total life span was about 10 hours. Outside is foam, and th einner prop is plastic.. The trigger is like one on a slot car controller.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Saw 'em at Walmart today for $20. :-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

no steering on mine, like a hot air balloon it's at the mercy of the wind.
it's much more fun outside on a still night, less obstacles to hit!
i used to be cool