Spin Blade

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

beanoman wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:These look to be a cheap rip-off of the ITC bladerunner
Nope... Just because it has contrarotating blades and its small dosnt mean its a ripoff of the bladerunner.
Thank you beano... lol, i wanted to stay away from replying to that...
beanoman wrote:There are definalty cameras at the right weight, or that can be modified to the right weight.. ebay cams can be modded down to around 3 grams, but then they are rather sucky.
Show me!!! What are the names and or URLs? Also pricing, what is the price range? I want one!!
Whack!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Nasphere wrote:
beanoman wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:These look to be a cheap rip-off of the ITC bladerunner
Nope... Just because it has contrarotating blades and its small dosnt mean its a ripoff of the bladerunner.
Thank you beano... lol, i wanted to stay away from replying to that...
beanoman wrote:There are definalty cameras at the right weight, or that can be modified to the right weight.. ebay cams can be modded down to around 3 grams, but then they are rather sucky.
Show me!!! What are the names and or URLs? Also pricing, what is the price range? I want one!!

You might be able to work with this one.

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.as ... t&ID=83162

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Broke down and bought one today. I'm 1 C cell short of getting to play yet. :(

Is it a bad sign when the RadioHack has 4 of them (total for store), both 49 mhz had been destroied by their employees? One was cannibalized for parts and the demo unit has been destroied again. *sigh* so I'm stuck with a 27mhz.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

You don't need C cells... Try a power adaptor, it plugs into the back of the base.
Whack!
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

For micro cams, you can get a 5.1 gram camera/tx for $220, or mod the crap out of a ebay cam, at about $25 shipped if you wait for a good deal, and have one at 3 and a bit grams. Then you will need another 2 lipos to run it, or use one lipo and a voltage booster.. either way, its a pain in the ass, and I havnt perfected getting the ebay cam down to 3 grams.. extremely blurry picture so far. If you just mod it a bit, you can get it from 14 grams to 7 grams.. A bit more and its down to 5-6 grams, then the hard part to get it down to around 3 grams. For the power source, I would go with a 2 cell 90 mah lipo pack, or one 90 mah and a voltage booster.....

Did that make a fuckin bit of sense to anyone :???:

I think I will have to get one of these soon..
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I haven't found one rated at 7.5v and it didn't mention what the safe imput ranges are, and I'd rather not blow it up on the first day.

Play now, magic smoke later.

I'm still setting up trims, but this thing seems like it'll be about as cool as the Mini Blimp I've got. Definately not the most advanced Helicopter, but probably enough to get you hooked. :-o
-
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Want the inside scoop?

When they first hit in the stores, there was a announcement "Put them on display! Make sure people can see them!"

Then a few days later another memo came out that said to absolutely not put them on display. Those things are more fragile than Dick Cheyney's heart!

A dude I know at radioshack broke not 1, but two display models "testing them out."

He didn't even land very hard the second time. It simply bumped a wall and broke all sorts of stuff.

My advice would be to get several cheap ones from toyeast or somewhere... Those things suck. At least if you break a $20 one, it isn't so bad.

-JNY
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I've been flying this into stuff just for fun, with the cage you can park it on the ceiling, bounce it off lamps, hug walls... :-D Can't figure out HOW the twits at Radio Hack are killing them. :-o Anyway, unless you're just unsafe at any speed, or don't have much business playing with a $60 toy, or a RadioHack employee, go for it. Seems like a pretty good way to get addicted to RC Helicopters. Definately not as controllable as something with a cyclic control, or a non-fixed collective, but for what it is, it's pretty decent and more durable than a more sophisticated craft.

My only complaint is I'm stuck with a 27mhz, I live like 100 yards from a very highly traveled interstate. The damn CB's the truckers use are f*cking my signal like a $5 Lot Lizard. I'm flying along straight and level, trucker keys mike and all the sudden SB's throttle dies, or goes full power into the ceiling, or anti-torque rotor fires up, or all of the above.

What channel of 27mhz are we using? Any idea how hard a freq change will be? I assume it's just a fairly simple crystal swap in TX and RX? I'm thinking either go to the high end of 27mhz, or I may end up converting over and using to one of the Amature Radio freqs that's allowed for "telecommand of model craft" since I've got my LICENSE now (I'm KC9ICR incase there are any other Hams here).

** EDIT Opened the TX, found a 13.5975 mhz crystal Opened RX, found a 26.740 mhz crystal.

Oh and if anybody in your house had long hair, expect it to get wrapped on your rotor shaft. A lot.
Last edited by frizzen on Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Well, Ive had mine for a few days.. First I flew it stock for a bit, and it totally sucks nuts stock. Then I took the cage and body off, and it still sucked. Then I put in better electronics, and it flew how it should fly stock.. Then my mom stepped on it. lol.

Now I am nearly done with converting it to three channels.. one motor for each rotor, and the rear motor will be pointing vertical for forward and backward movement.. Should be able to finish it tommorow if toysrus has any superslick motors left.

Edit- Posted at the same time as frizzen :-) Have to agree the twats at rathack must be retarded if they can break this thing, it can bounce off of anthing. Hell, I was tilting mine at a 45 degree angle, put it up to full throttle and have it zoom off at 15 mph and hit a wall :shock:.

Also, these beasts can haul a shitload... They way 25 grams after a bit of simple modding, and can lift 17 freakin grams.. May be able to haul up a extremely modded bitcar.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

beanoman wrote:Then my mom stepped on it.

the twats at rathack must be retarded if they can break this thing
So, your mom is retarded? :lol:

I found a place that carries milligram scales!! :-) It's a "special" smoke shop.. lol

Some pics of my bird so far...

This one, i replaced a socket with a reversable ESC.

Heres "my" rear gear drive versus the stock motor/prop. (too heavy, so im removing it and doing beano's dual motor..)

Heres the entire heli.

I hear these 4g servos can be modded to 2.6g... but how!?!?!
Whack!
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

Hang on with this... i'll edit and straighten out this post in a little bit. :-)
Whack!