Spin Blade

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Spin Blade

Post by Nasphere »

Whack!
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Cool. I saw one of those at RS the other day... after seeing your vid, the $60 doesn't seem so bad. I think I'll snap one of these up after the holidays.

Does it seem fairly durable?
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Saw that yesterday, they look somewhat decent Havent got to get a good look at one though.
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

Review! We need a review!

That thing just looks awesome. How's the control? Easy to fly? What kind of run times are you getting? Flown it outside yet?

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

chrome wrote:Review! We need a review!
I'll answer your questions, how that? lol
chrome wrote:That thing just looks awesome. How's the control?
I never flew mine stock, took the safety cage and foam body off when it came out of the package. It might need a little blade-tweaking. (twist one set down a little to counter the unwanted yaw)
chrome wrote:Easy to fly?
Fairly... Neither my brother or mom could fly it very well... The controllers a 2 channel with about a 1 second delay to prevent radio glitching. Chanel 1 is yaw (right stick). Chanel 2 is throttle / lift (left stick).

It's set to a constant rate foreward. If you can move the CG foreward it'll go faster...
chrome wrote:What kind of run times are you getting? Flown it outside yet?
I'm getting between 5 and 10 minutes run time without the extra weight. I'm installing cirrus microjoule radio equipment, so probably 5 minutes or less for me :-?

Flying outside is dangerous... Someone walking 2 feet a away will effect the flying. Unless you have NO wind, don't... However, i wanted to see the climb rate, so i went outside, gave it full throttle and it took off!!! At least like 3 fps upwards... Stop the blades, let it free-fall, hit the gas 10' from the ground and it catches itself before it hits...
hue35 wrote:Does it seem fairly durable?
Oh yeah!! I've heard of people breaking rotor blades, but I can't seem to. Thing was built almost indestructable... Bounces off walls, smacking this and that. Pick it up, and take off again!
Last edited by Nasphere on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whack!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Nasphere wrote:
Oh yeah!! I've heard of people breaking rotor blades, but I can't seem to. Thing was built almost indestructable... Bounces off walls, smacking this and that. Pick it up, and take off again!
That's what the ring around blades is for.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

CaboWabo wrote:
Nasphere wrote:
That's what the ring around blades is for.
I run mine without the cage and its STILL durable... You can see in the vid that it doesnt have the cage, nor body.

I'm almost ready to build the supports needed to mount servos on it... So far, it lifts all the servos and radio gear ok... I need another 250mA lipo to make a 2 cell pack :P I'll probably get another of these spin blade things just for that and "extra" parts...
Whack!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Nasphere wrote:I'm almost ready to build the supports needed to mount servos on it... So far, it lifts all the servos and radio gear ok... I need another 250mA lipo to make a 2 cell pack :P I'll probably get another of these spin blade things just for that and "extra" parts...
Lipo's are getting like salt on this forum, :lol: damn things are in everything.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

heck yeah they are! Go get some!

I think this things about to get the dual motor treatment cause im so pissed at these 3g servos. They keep breaking on me. I just returned one today, this is the second thats fucked itself. I think it'll be better if i get the 4g servos and scrap the cases. Cirrus fucked up somewhere when designing these little guys... The first one fed back on itself after you release the controls, the second is spinning like nuts... GAHH i hate em!

EDIT: I know what happened... When you turn the power on, they turn just a little. Well, these DONT have gear stops, so they break the feedback pot if they go too far.
Whack!
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

These look to be a cheap rip-off of the ITC bladerunner. The Bladerunner has full propo, and it's only 10$ more at hobbypeople.net.
A warning: These things are tricky. They fly like a dream, but it's a pain to get 'em set up. Also, the construction's wonky; I lost the transfer gear in mine after it came off in midair.

Walkera also makes an 80$ dual-rotor 'copter based off of the Hirobo XRB Llama.
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Yeah, that's cool and all, but can you mount any sort of weapons system to it? I mean, if you can't call in an airstrike on the kitchen, what's the point? :-)
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

SuperFly wrote:Yeah, that's cool and all, but can you mount any sort of weapons system to it? I mean, if you can't call in an airstrike on the kitchen, what's the point? :-)
Mount a laser pointer on it.

heh, I could see myself getting into trouble with that.
:???:
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

There are wireless video cameras that are light enough...
Whack!
SHAUN
bitDisciple

use a train

Post by SHAUN »

Use a train micro cam the one you mount on your ho scale train engine.
Thats what im going to use when i get mine.
1000+ post of BS.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Cheesehead wrote:These look to be a cheap rip-off of the ITC bladerunner. The Bladerunner has full propo, and it's only 10$ more at hobbypeople.net.
A warning: These things are tricky. They fly like a dream, but it's a pain to get 'em set up. Also, the construction's wonky; I lost the transfer gear in mine after it came off in midair.

Walkera also makes an 80$ dual-rotor 'copter based off of the Hirobo XRB Llama.
Nope... Just because it has contrarotating blades and its small dosnt mean its a ripoff of the bladerunner. This uses more of a conventional system for stability, and has one drive motor. Its much closer to a xrb, if anything.

There are definalty cameras at the right weight, or that can be modified to the right weight.. ebay cams can be modded down to around 3 grams, but then they are rather sucky.

beans