More micro RC planes...

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
Nasphere
bitNinja

More micro RC planes...

Post by Nasphere »

Let's see here. I managed a simple electronics swap in a Watt-Age Rookie. I used Cirrus Micro Joule electronics... Time to step that up a notch (or three notches :lol: ).. The original MicroFlyers is MUCH more fun, but less stable than the Rookie. So...

Add this together. lol... It would be 3 lipos, a 12V ESC with BEC, a 4 channel reciever with actuator driver, and two 3.1g servos.

The new ESC (top), and the old ESC (bottom)
Check out the voltage notes on the tags... :lol: It's funny how much power this is..

Rookie vs. Microflyers:
Whack!
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

very cool, what did all of that run you?

stg
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

MicroFlyer is onsale at Hobby People for $19, the extra lipos are $9 each, the Joule reciever is $29, the 2.6V-4V ESC is $19, or the 7.2V-12V ESC is $29, servos are $19 each...

All together it's $140+tax :lol: but it's all good cause it's more like cumulative; I didn't buy it all at once.

I'm buying a Hitec Eclipse 7 FM controller soon, so any mixes I need to pull off will be easy. That costs $199... :lol: But, it's a one time buy sorta thing. It handles 7 models, and 7 chanels with adjustable rates, mixes, or pretty much anything you need to do.

EDIT: well, ok, so either I'm going to have to make a biplane, or ditch a cell, because 3 cells weigh 14g, 2 servos weigh 6g, reciever and ESC is 3.2g. It weighs too much... I'll have to skip the servos and use a single 1.5g magnet actuator. The weight for the entire plane stock is 22g without a battery. It'll take work, but I'll get it...
Whack!