micro r/c plane!

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
45tr0
bitNinja

micro r/c plane!

Post by 45tr0 »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Micro-Radio- ... otohosting

How cool is this!

I know micro planes aren't new, but this is the first i've seen that semi-resembles a real plane as opposed to a "flying machine" type contraption. I also like the fact that it doesn't rely on dual motors for thrust-steering. this thing has a rudder!
Last edited by 45tr0 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

That looks really cool man thanks for the link! If that thing works I bet it would be lots of fun! might even be able to get two and use the works for my micro balsa plane!!! :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

the wattage micro flyer is the US version.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
METALHEAD
bitHood

Post by METALHEAD »

Man, for only having a wingspan of less than 9", that thing looks pretty stable in flight. I'm kinda surprised that it would handle so well. I'll bet you'd need a pretty calm day to fly it though. That little bastard would end up in the next county if I tried to fly it up here with all our freakin wind. :-) Still, that thing is tight...especially for the price.
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

Yeah, stamede's right, it's called the Wattage Microflyer... There's another plane out by Wattage called the rookie. It's a wierd looking delta wing, and it flys 100X more stable than the regular plane.

SWG, the electrics suck! lol. You've got 3 buttons. One for motor, and two for rudder. That's why I *had* plans to build this:

Yes, that's a 4 channel reciever, 2 micro 3g servos, a 12V ESC with BEC, and 3 150mAh lithium cells :smile:

But I found it's better to have your own airframe cause this one's only built for the 8g worth of electronics, and the motor can only handle the little bit of stock shit... The same N20 motor I put into my ZZM is the exact motor needed to make something like this fly. :smile: Luckly I've got a box of these little guys. :? :-D :-)
Whack!