PicXXz Helicopter

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

My heli is now rocking forward and back, like it's humping the air. Also it's no longer hovering. It just gradually loses altitude. I normally launch from my hand, and now it takes approx 5 secs to reach the floor (1ft/sec).

Is this a symptom of the TX batts fading? I have a sneaky suspision it is.

Thanx
Maxx
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

sure sounds like it, try some freah batts
R/C Crash Test Dummy
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Just bought my third little Picoo Z tonight (actually the wife bought it for me, Thank You Baby!) and it flys the best of all of them. Right out of the box it is the smoothest running, best flying Picoo yet.

The more I fly the more I'm hooked, the more I'm hooked the more I fly, the more I fly....well you get the picture!

For indoor flight there is nothing better...nothing else will fly as well within a 10X12 room!
R/C Crash Test Dummy
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

dogbreathracing wrote:Just bought my third little Picoo Z tonight (actually the wife bought it for me, Thank You Baby!) and it flys the best of all of them. Right out of the box it is the smoothest running, best flying Picoo yet.
That's prett nice of her, especially since you flew one into her hair! :-D
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

What can I say Fly, she loves me :grin: .......and she don't try to keep it no secret man :tits: ....lol
She is pretty good to me :-o
R/C Crash Test Dummy
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

I have a custom body on paper, It has a kind of futuristic look, maybe a 2158 version of DBR's sig heli. I'm gunna try to find some material to make it out of but, I'm going to have to wait until shcool's out, then I'll buy the bearing upgrade for it and install it while the heli's open.

Maxx
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Anyone else notice these have completely disappeared, unless you find one for $79 online somewhere? Why did RS bail?
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

SuperFly wrote:Anyone else notice these have completely disappeared, unless you find one for $79 online somewhere? Why did RS bail?
Airhogs has one out for $39 at Wal-Mart. They also have a "pro" version.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

For me, the novelty just wore off.
My heli is sitting on my shelf with less than 15 charges.
I fight myself all the time not to rob it of the lipo :lol:
Can't think of anything to trade it for tho :???: any suggestions?
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I was in a Toys'r'us yesterday and Air Hogs now have the Picco Z copters under their brand name ($29.99). I saw it it at east 2 different decal schemes and it looks exactly like the Picco. I'm guessing Air Hogs got the rights for the American market.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

TRU just got a shipment of "Havoc" helis by Spin Master... it's a piccoZ and it's $29.99. They couldn't sell me one for some damn reason, but I'm going back tomorrow to get me one. My Picco has been down since November, so I'm pretty god damn excited!
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Got one (two, actually)... I used the $5 off TRU coupon that Namuna posted a few months ago, which is still valid (until the end of April),
which brought it to $24.99. Target had 'em on sale for the same, so I picked up another.

I don't remember the OG packaging very well, but the new AirHogs packaging has a perfect cradle for the nose of the chopper...
I trimmed it and inverted it to make a front scoop that fits perfect. I'm still fine-tuning it, which is why it's taped on, but it's close.
A little clean up and a way to secure it and it'll be good to go. This works much better than other wind catchers I've tried on the
front, and this is now my best-flying and most stable heli. Not only does it have pretty good fwd flight now, but it's amazing how
much smoother it flies.

ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

OK, I just bought the 2006 model picooz which is the version 2 one. apparently it's better for some reason.

anyways, I'm in a real laszy fucken mood and tired of being the hang-down that gives out info so I'm just gonna sit back on my arse and ask the question. What's the core/must do upgrades/mods to these lil bugers?
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Well, must do is the forward flight mod (FF) like what hue has above. It makes the heli alot more fun to fly.
Recommended mods would be, balancing the rotors, CF propshaft, BBs on the shaft and look for clint's AC charger mod.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

The BB/CF shaft mod is a real bitch to do. Only do it if you have some
real issues with the stock bushings. ie too much friction(shit runtime) or
bad vibrations. You have to be super careful drilling out the main support,
there's only a few thousands of an inch(no joke) of plastic left around the
bearings when your done, and even so, it needs to be stretched to press
the bearing in.